• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T3 CTR .308 Win seating depth

memilanuk

F'ing nuke
Minuteman
  • Mar 23, 2002
    East Wenatchee WA
    Doing some research in advance... anyone out there running a Tikka T3 CTR in .308 happen to have the numbers handy for what your max OAL is seated to the lands?

Trying to figure out how long of a throat these tend to have... curious if bullets like a 175 RDF or 185 Juggernaut can be seated out far enough to take advantage of some of the longer mags - I've read that the CTR mags (and some AICS pattern mags w/o binder plates) allow OAL of up to 2.950"-ish... :unsure:

I am currently trying to work up a load for a Tikka CTR in 308. I recently measured a CBTO to the lands with Berger 185 Juggernaut OTM Tacticals of 2.218". I was able to seat the juggs .015" off the lands and still run the factory Tikka mags. I was pretty much maxed out though on mag length. Wish I had the COAL numbers handy for ya. Frankly the juggs shot very poorly through my particular rifle.