• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka t3 ctr 308

Sdupontjr

Private
Minuteman
Aug 18, 2020
Hey guys looking for some help. I have several tikka's but I want to build a heavier 308 for my nephew on one of the actions I have. I have a ton of reloading supplies for 308 thus me looking this route. I'm looking for a SS 308 ctr takeoff barrel. Reason SS is my action is SS and also have a fluted bolt. So I wanted it to match somewhat. My Smith can get me whatever contour I want, in whatever barrel I want, threaded it 5/8-24 but I figured a SS takeoff would be cheaper. Because there is no guarantee that after installing the heavier barrel and a brake that the little shit will still shoot it. The brake and weight should reduce recoil a lot and I'll do some reduced loads which will help also. But allows him to grow into it.

So if you guys know of anyone or anyplace that is looking to sell a 20" SS ctr takeoff, please let me know. As long as the round count isn't really stupid, I'm all ears. Will be used as a hunting gun.

Stephen.

Last edited: