• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Tikka T3 CTR scope base

Recon Marine

Private
Minuteman
Dec 12, 2013
Eastern Oklahoma
I plan on shooting PRS. Getting rifle ready, have parts, Tikka T3 CTR SS, Spuhr 20 moa QD mount, NF Atacr 7x35, Fat Bastard gen3, waiting on delivery of Matrix chassis. Question: what is wrong with the Tikka base? I see guys changing them out. Is that necessary?

It’s a great base, if you want a 0moa base. It’s steel, pinned and epoxied, not going anywhere. Guys are changing them wanting a canted base, I changed mine so I could have a 20moa base. Looks like you have that covered with the spuhr though.

If I could go back and had the scopes I have now, I probably would have done the same as you in regards to the base and a 20moa spuhr

Reactions: Recon Marine
It’s a great base, if you want a 0moa base. It’s steel, pinned and epoxied, not going anywhere. Guys are changing them wanting a canted base, I changed mine so I could have a 20moa base. Looks like you have that covered with the spuhr though.

If I could go back and had the scopes I have now, I probably would have done the same as you in regards to the base and a 20moa spuhr
OK, good fo hear, I was hoping that was it. Thanks LB