• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T3 custom build

Porkchop88

Private
Minuteman
Feb 27, 2014
Oklahoma
I am currently looking into buying Tikka T3 LH in 308 to start a 6.5 Creedmoor build. So far Im leaning towards a Manners MCS T4 with CDI bottom metal or XLR Evolution chassis and a Bartlein 5R varmint contour 1;8 twist at 26" with a badger brake. Obviously Im going to change out the shroud and upgrade the bolt handle and most likely get the bolt fluted. What I'm needing to know is there any benefit in truing a Tikka action? I asked another individual and he said there was no need. It wont save much money or time Im just curious. Any opinions are appreciated.

Either the action is straight or it isn't. A gunsmith should be able to tell. That being said, I know of a few places that insist on truing all actions regardless and charge accordingly. I personally don't think you would have to dick with it, just make sure the smith indexes the barrel runout vertically and rock on.

If it isn't trued, the smith can't or won't guarantee accuracy. Not saying it won't shoot, but the new barrel is an unknown, and an untrued action is another variable.

Sent from 80ms in the future
Much peace
Jimmy