• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T3 light primer strikes

hprxtc

Private
Minuteman
Dec 1, 2019
Anyone deal with this before?

I've recently have more light strikes with my Tikka .308 shooting factory M118LR than all the other light strikes combined in my entire life. I have shot at least 10k of M118lr and can never remember a failure to fire in any other bolt gun or gas gun. now, Im getting 1-5 per 100 rounds fired. The primers don't have very deep impressions, and I tried shooting each of them several times.

Even had a FTF on a CCI 450 primer from a reload. Swapped the FP with one from another T3, didn't seem to make a difference.

already checked for debris, gunk, dried lube, rubbing, etc. Protrusion looks good, checked headspace on the rounds and they are fine.

Looking for any other oddball cause or ideas.

I swapped the FP from my other T3, didnt fix it.

Does anyone sell higher poundage T3 FP springs? Never seen one. Would be willing to try.

Might check out McBride's Guns. He's an authorized Sako/Tikka dealer near you, so he may have some parts on hand.