• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka t3 lite for semi custom?

Jkesrnicla

Private
Minuteman
Dec 10, 2019
I found an outlet to buy a tikka t3x lite in 6.5 creed for 469$ and I was wondering if it was a good starting point for a semi custom rifle, new stock, bolt shroud, and bottom metal asap then eventually swap the barrel down the road, Primarily for a target/hunting rifle up to 1000yds... are there any durability, reliability or accuracy issues with them out of the box? Better or worse than a Rem 700? I’m looking for something bombproof and relatively inexpensive....

Where is said Tikka?
Not sure of the legitimacy of the website but I have a Shop local that price matches...

That's a good deal and absolutely something to build on. I would go tikka over rem 700 every time. Plenty of aftermarket support and now you can get shouldered prefits. Also triggertech is coming out with a trigger for them.

I have 2 and at that price tempted to get a third.

Edit make that 3. Can't believe I forgot my lovely wife bought me one for christmas. Total surprise.

Reactions: Jkesrnicla
That's a good deal and absolutely something to build on. I would go tikka over rem 700 every time. Plenty of aftermarket support and now you can get shouldered prefits. Also triggertech is coming out with a trigger for them.

Edit make that 3. Can't believe I forgot my lovely wife bought me one for christmas. Total surprise.
I thought so too!! Just out of curiosity do you run the factory polymer bottom metal or a aluminum one with AICS mags?

One is in a mdt acc chassis, one in the factory ctr stock with plastic bottom metal and the New one is a hunter with wood stock and plastic bm.

I had a manners t4a for the ctr but sold it. I’m a chassis guy. Going to save up for a lite one for the ctr. The hunter will stay stock.

Honestly I’ve never had a problem with the polymer.

That is a good deal! I ordered a x-caliber prefit in 6.5cm for my Tikka T3 lite (currently .243 win). I am waiting for the new MDT chassis to be released before I decide on a stock/chassis. There are a bunch of vendors that offer Tikka prefits, so I think they are a great budget build.

I love any tikkas especially in a smaller caliber. That is a great platform for budget minded performance.

I love any tikkas especially in a smaller caliber. That is a great platform for budget minded performance.

+1 Since the OP stated this would also be a hunting rifle its hard not to like a Tikka. Shoot it as is or drop it in a stock to your liking and you are good to go. I have a Tikka Superlite 7-08 in a Hunters Edge stock and its a great hunting rig IMHO.

Where is this Triggertech info you speak of??? I've been waiting and hoping they'd offer a special or Diamond for the Tikka's for some time. God I hope they offer a diamond for them.

Guys at the triggertech booth at the Precision Rifle Expo said it would be out around end of 19 or first of 20.

Reactions: Newbie2020
I have a TT Diamond on a 700 and love it, but the Tikka trigger is so good with just a spring, would be difficult to justify the cost/benefit.

Far more interesting to me is the rumor that they are going to offer a 10 twist in 30 cal. Anyone else hear the same?

I had mine in an MDT ESS chassis and it shot very well.
Just swapped out to a carbon stock as I’m now keen on some walking with the rig.

305A7C76-E88F-437D-BBAC-43B5954CBE25.jpeg

Reactions: DTJB