• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes tikka t3 lite picatinny rail

holster72

Private
Minuteman
Jun 2, 2009
hey guys, i recently picked up a t3 in .308 and am trying to get a scope setup that works well for me. currently on there is a bushnell 3-9 that came with the rifle. i have a scope and mount that i used on my grendel for a while (super sniper and larue lt-104 mount) that i really liked. i know its not anything fantastic but it works well for my budget and what its used for, paper to 400 yds. what im wondering is if there is a picatinny rail i can get for my rifle so i can use the scope and mount that are collecting dust. i've found some online but everything i find is in euro's and not an american based company. anyone have any advice for me? thanks. -Jake

Re: tikka t3 lite picatinny rail

go with the egw i believe midway has them listed and the nice thing about them is the rear of the rail is contoured the same as the ones that come on the t3 tactical it just looks sweet

If you choose to go with the tikka "factory" rail you have two choices:

Phosphate coated (AKA T3 Tactical) part number: S585T334

Stainless Steel (AKA Super Varmint) part number: S58RT334

Or you could be like me and have a phosphate rail on a super varmint because it had NO RAIL when I bought it, and Beretta New Zealand supplied a phosphate rail. I am still waiting on a replacement stainless item; it's been 18 months now!

Don't forget that Richard Near makes some awesome rails, and yes he makes them for T3's

Near Manufacturing

Super Varmint with Tikka phosphate rail:
P7080541.jpg

Tikka part numbers:
TikkaT3PicatinnyRail.jpg

I went with the Near for both my T3 Lite and my Super Varmint, Near makes great stuff, a little pricey, but great quality.

IMG_3446.jpg

/cl

I'll 2nd the vote for EGW. George Smith makes some very good and affordable stuff, and they are great to do business with. The Tikka mounts are availible in O moa or 20 moa. the retail for around 40 bucks. I replaced the factory flat rail on my T3 Tactical with a 20 moa one. Fit was perfect.

Kit

+1 for EGW. Have two of them on TIKKA 223 and 270WSM.

good deal guys. dont think i need any extra elevation for what im shooting, do i? even 500 yards it should be good right?

haha yea thought about that after i posted but didnt feel like getting back on. its a super sniper hopefully a 16x soon. i went ahead and bought the EGW with 0 MOA, figure if it comes to the point where i need to shoot further im going to need a better rig.

you should be fine to 500 yds with any scope that is made well enough to actually use the turrets . also i would recomend either near of egw . both are good quality .i use egw on my tikkas just because i dont want spend the money for the near ,on an inexpensive rifle.
however i would NOT go with tikka/bretta for parts, i have heard bad things about service , and getting parts here . seems other counries get better service than we do from bretta