• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T3 Picture Thread.

Mackay Sagebrush

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 21, 2011
I know we have a TRG thread. I contribute every once in a while to it, when I have a background that might be of interest.

That being said, in the past few years the Tikkas have really been "discovered". Years ago, when T3 Varmints in .308 could be had for under $500 bills I picked one up. Through the years it has proven to be a stellar shooter.

This was at a time when if you were not showing up at a match or a school with a Remington 700, you were looked at like you had a third eye growing out of your head.

I went to an NRA precision rifle instructor school in (guessing) '03 or 04' ish and I was the only person not shooting a Rem 700 and something along the lines of a 3-9 or 3.5-10 Leupold.

The proof on the paper, however shut most up, with the exception of a few whose egos were just a bit too fragile. The 5 round Varmint mags, much like Glock mags, proved to be durable enough, plus made reload drils a snap.

Pretty soon members of the class were wanting to get behind the gun and shoot it. Most were "OOHing and AAHing over the smooth bolt operation and the accuracy compared to their department's issued guns or personally owned Rems.

While I have no intention of getting rid of my custom Remingtons, or my Sako TRG, I found the T3 a phenomenal performer at a great price.

One of the only key drawbacks I noticed was anything over .308-30-06 class of cartridge tended to need a bedding job. I have never needed or seen a .308 or below that needed one.

In the last 9-10 or so years I accumulated a fair amount of the T3s and other Tikkas. I ended up selling some, playing with others, rebarreling one to a 6mm Remington (Coyote/Rockchuck/whatever/rifle) just for kicks and putting it in a factory laminate stock from a .300 win mag T3 that I had sold.

I figured this might be a good place to consolidate the Tikka pics.

Anyways, here are a few pics to get things started.

.308 Varmint now cut to 20"s, topped with a 6.5-20 MKIV Leupold:

TikkaGemtech.jpg

Prior to the chop:
500ydrogersonhaystackdog.jpg

082-1.jpg

Re: Tikka T3 Picture Thread.

I've posted mine alreayd in a couple of threads but he why not.

Here it is a T3 transformed in a Roedale RT43 in 308 with a March 3x24x42 ffp on top.

GroteFoto-UY7OC7FC.jpg

I know I really need to make a better pic. But in the Netherlands people are verry gun shy so when I take it out in the garden the cops will be at my door in 5 minutes. Contrary to when you call for a emergency and have to wait for a hour.

My all around "practical" rifle.

001-10.jpg

A T3 .308 chopped to 20"s. Wears a 2.5-10x24 Nightforce with the NPR2 reticle, plus a VTAC sling. I killed last years elk with it.

On the plus side it is a phenomenally accurate gun, like pretty much every other T3 .308 I have ever fired.

On the negative side, it is such a lightweight package that I have to really concentrate on perfect form/fundamentals when I shoot it. If I get even slightly sloppy the results are easy to see. You just can't cheat with a lightweight rifle like you can with a 16 pound gun.

Here is a 3 shot group I shot last week while confirming my zero at a different elevation than my home. The thing will shoot.

For reference the diamond is 1". distance 100 yards.

T3Lite308.jpg

If the groups open up, it is me, not the rifle.

Here is a shot from last week. In the mountains, taking a coffee/lunch break. The lightweight Tikka is a real joy to carry.

018-4.jpg

Thanks if only i could take it for a walk in the woods where al Tika's should life. Overhere it's going to have to be a range queen.

This spring i'm taking it to France where it can really stretch it's legs (and so can I) out to 1.700 meters. But at that distance I'll probably be using a different chambering by then.Looking at something like 7SAUM or a other 7mm.

Great scenery you have for your walks

I love my Tikka!! Here is my T3 .308 TAC, 20" threaded barrel, 1 in 11 twist. Replaced the plastic bolt shroud with an HSS from KRG and the plastic bottom metal with CDI to take AI mags. Surefire 51T break, Premier Reticles Light Tactical, Voretex level and GDI P-ROM detachable scope mount (not in this picture).

KbWYK.jpg

Here is one of the best groups I have made with the rifle, 5 shots at 100m. 175gr SMK, 44.8gr Varget, 2.267" ogive, doing about 2650fps

J3oQj.jpg

T3 6.5 Creedmoor, XLR chassis, PST 6-24x50:

T3 6.5x55, mostly stock. Bushnell 10x40 mil/mil.

The top rifle is my long range rifle, the bottom one is my lightweight hunting rifle. I don't own a Remington and doubt I ever will.

Here's some... range photo is from yesterday. I will be upgrading the stock in the near-ish future.

rifletarget.jpg

be716c7f7ff336ebac8f14ba3f3a54c6.jpg

The only thing I've gained from this thread is the desire to go hunting with Mackay Sagebrush.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: boone</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The only thing I've gained from this thread is the desire to go hunting with Mackay Sagebrush.</div></div>

Yea man, I hear ya. Heading to the woods this weekend and won't be coming back out till next Friday. Looking forward to changing pace...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: boone</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The only thing I've gained from this thread is the desire to go hunting with Mackay Sagebrush. </div></div>

smile.gif

A couple of big Muleys from a number of years ago. 598 yards lasered. Used the Tikka Varmint:

2005Deer598yds308Tikka.jpg

Worked on ground squirrels too:

sup22019.jpg

Here's a few pics of my Tikka T3;

lr1.JPG

Shooting 900m at Warminster IR2

lr2.JPG

Shooting 1000m at Sennybridge J3a

2.JPG

New Chassis & Viperskins

3.JPG

New look

Tikka T3 Tactical .308 24"
Nightforce NXS 3.5-15x50
CG Universal 2 Stage Trigger
EGW 20MOA Rail
UKGW T3 Ally Bolt Shroud
RCS2 Chassis & FDE Viperskins
10rd AICS Mag

smile.gif

Mine. Started life as a Tikka T3 Varmint in 260 Rem.

This is how it looks now and the parts that are going in. The gun is at the gunsmiths now for a bedding job.

P1100058.jpg

Tikka T3 in 260 Rem
Vortex Viper PST and Vortex PMR rings
EGW 20 moa base
Roedale Brake
HSS bolthandle
New shroud - can't remember the maker - bought in Norway
Atlas bipod
CDI bottom metal
AICS 5 round magazine

I love the GRS stocks, in my case the f-class stock.

Is the shroud perhaps made by Alutek? That's the one Roedale also sells.

ddavis
what tripod and rest is that?

Does anyone know are the Roedale chassis available in the U.S?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GSIceland</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mine. Started life as a Tikka T3 Varmint in 260 Rem.

This is how it looks now and the parts that are going in. The gun is at the gunsmiths now for a bedding job.

P1100058.jpg

Tikka T3 in 260 Rem
Vortex Viper PST and Vortex PMR rings
EGW 20 moa base
Roedale Brake
HSS bolthandle
New shroud - can't remember the maker - bought in Norway
Atlas bipod
CDI bottom metal
AICS 5 round magazine </div></div>

How do you like the GRS stock? I cant find much about them on the web.

PRS Tripod. He is on this site. Google PRS Tripods. They are excellent and so is the owner.

You can order the Roedale Chassis directly from Pete lincoln in Germany. Just remember that when you're looking at his website from outside Europe that you don't have to pay the VAT of 19%.

That eases the pain significantly

Roedale

Hey guys,

Here's a pic of a nice Tikka T3 with Tac-8 fluting.
grin.gif
Some awesome looking rifles in this thread. Keep them coming.
smile.gif

Regards, Paul

bolt3Large-1.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BlueVFRank</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've posted mine alreayd in a couple of threads but he why not.

Here it is a T3 transformed in a Roedale RT43 in 308 with a March 3x24x42 ffp on top.

GroteFoto-UY7OC7FC.jpg

I know I really need to make a better pic. But in the Netherlands people are verry gun shy so when I take it out in the garden the cops will be at my door in 5 minutes. Contrary to when you call for a emergency and have to wait for a hour. </div></div>

Not to thread hijack but what bipod is that?!

It's a Roedale RH50 bipod, great piece of kit.

Strong enough for the heaviest of calibers, but still verry lightweight.

I won't be using a different kind of bipod any time soon.

Roedale RH50 Bipod

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PhilM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here's a few pics of my Tikka T3;

lr1.JPG

Shooting 900m at Warminster IR2

lr2.JPG

Shooting 1000m at Sennybridge J3a

2.JPG

New Chassis & Viperskins

3.JPG

New look

Tikka T3 Tactical .308 24"
Nightforce NXS 3.5-15x50
CG Universal 2 Stage Trigger
EGW 20MOA Rail
UKGW T3 Ally Bolt Shroud
RCS2 Chassis & FDE Viperskins
10rd AICS Mag

smile.gif
</div></div>
Are you shooting across an "open" road in that Sennybridge photo, or is it a range road?

Never seen a range that shoots across what appears to be a paved public road???

2qvunhi.jpg

2jaxffa.jpg

2yo5uhf.jpg

28iurgx.jpg

15xwlg9.jpg

30sj9kz.jpg

2yud3ia.jpg

2i0bte8.jpg

1zxuyat.jpg

First trip to the range right after the W3 install. 5 Shot Group Shot at 100 Yards off Bipod and my hand holding up the back.

Here is a T3 with a Lilja tube chambered in 6mm Remington.

The laminated stock is from a 300 win mag T3 I sold.

It was my idea of an ideal coyote rifle for my terrain and windy conditions.

Topped with a 4.5-14 Leupold in Talley lightweight rings, with an M1 elevation turret.

010-3.jpg

I no longer have these, but the black one is a 6.5x47 benchmark and the hunter model is a 6 creedmoor. both built by benchmark barrels.

IMGP7013.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: saleen63</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Team Sendit nice guns. Who did the gunsmith?</div></div>

Benchmark Barrels does all my work and always has. give them a shout 360 652 2594

Nice post!

I've been looking for a predator rifle in .223 and was leaning towards the CZ527 but this adds more options now.

The T3 lite .223 makes for a great predator/calling gun.

007-4.jpg

Good to see all these Tikkas.... my favorite rifle.

My first. .270 blued/syn... great little deer rifle:

IMG_3068.jpg

My second... 300WM in SS/syn. It has had a few iterations:

11-09-08_0754.jpg

IMG_6775.jpg

IMG_7012mod.jpg

Shooting 2296 yds:

DSC02542enh.jpg

My latest started out as the .270 in the top photo. Then Mike Bush and Tim Cronin at Black Ops Technology (formerly UGSW) did their magic, screwed on a Brux 6.5mm 8 twist chambered in .260 Rem. and WOW! what a tack driver.

IMG_0774.jpg

IMG_0985_zps00f14681.jpg

500 yds.:

TgtGfx1.jpg

Great rifles...

John

Jrob,

That Muley is a big old TOAD! I can imagine you were immensely pleased to hammer him. The pack out was probably a whole other story though if it was done on your back w/ pack frames like we do here to your immediate West.

Great looking rifles BTW.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mackay Sagebrush</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Great looking rifles BTW. </div></div>

Thanks... yeah... he was a beast. I will probably never see another like him. Just under 300 dressed as I recall... the drag wasn't horrible though. About 1-2 inches of fresh snow, slightly downhill on a FS road. About 1.5 miles. The hardest part was the stream crossing and getting him in the pickup. My buddies truck had a lumber rack and the tail gate did not go down. We both nearly herniated getting him in the back.
wink.gif

John

I love my little Tikka,... but I'm thinking I'm going to be selling her shortly. It was the first 'real' rifle I owned, and man does it shoot! Here are a couple pics

TikkaT3_FULL_STRAIGHT.jpg

sans scope,... I usually top it off with a USO 3.2-17x44 ERGO

TikkaT3_BOLT_TRIGGER.jpg

Close-up of the CG-Jackson 2-stage trigger I put on it - LOVE this trigger! Adjustable EVERYTHING(!): 1st-stage weight, 2nd-stage break, over-travel, shoe placement & orientation,...etc. Note the reversed shoe - I just like the feel of the straight shoe,... When I sell it, I'll turn it back around for the new owner.

TikkaT3_GROUP.jpg

Did I mention it shoots? For such a reasonably priced rifle, you can't beat the Tikka for a really smooth action, a great stock trigger, and a nice shooting factory barrel! Tikka T3's are my recommendation for folks looking for bang-for-the-buck!

Tikka t3 in .308.
Barrel has been cut to 20" + Brake. I hacked up the stock a little and duracoated the gun in Black and FDE.
(sorry- i don't know how to flip the pictures...)

1.jpg

2.jpg

Let me start of by saying this is my first post. I've been "lurking" here for a couple of months trying to absorb all the great information here. I am just getting into precision shooting - well, trying to anyway.

Here's my setup:
Tikka T3 Lite Stainless in .308
EGW HD Picatinny Rail Scope Mount 20 MOA
Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 FFP w/EBR-1 MOA Reticle
Vortex 30mm Precision Matched Mounts
Vortex Flip Caps
Vortex Optics Bubble Level
Vortex Magnification Lever
Harris Engineering S-BRM Hinged Base 6 - 9-Inch BiPod
T-Nuts BPL-Micro ("PodLock")
Limbsaver SAKO 75/FINLIGHT SYN BUTT PAD
HSS Bolt Handle / Shroud Combo
Accu-Shot Monopod BT04-QK - Standard height Stud Mount with QK01 Quick Knob
Extended Magazine 5 Rounds

486389_285895434861683_920160928_n.jpg

1111_285894574861769_1663503719_n.jpg

154223_285894924861734_1303396645_n.jpg

416904_285894984861728_918382758_n.jpg

374915_285895041528389_1413801702_n.jpg

Is it true that some or all t3's come from the factory w/ plastic bolt knobs? What other plastic parts are used? Been looking hard at Tikka but not a fan of plastic parts, especially in some areas....such as bolt knobs. Makes me suspect of overall quallity.

Okie

Not true. SS bolt knob.

Co-polymer stock. Plastic trigger guard and magazines. Nearly indestructible though...

There is no plastic on my Tikka though.
grin.gif

John

Hmmm, I just read somewhere last nite a guy said his Sporter came w/ a plastic bolt knob. Was hoping it wasn't true. Bad enough the trigger guard is.

Okie

Oh... that's just a plastic cap that Tikka makes available for the T3's and comes standard on the Sporter. Kinda goofy if you ask me. But the knob underneath is still SS. Just gives you more grip on the bolt handle.

John

It sure is pretty bad that the trigger guard is plastic. So when I wanted to install a TRG or CG trigger I only had to spend five minutes with the dremel and I was ready to rock. This anti-plastic angle that a lot of folks have regarding Tikka's is somewhat misfounded. The parts are fantastic and durable. As well, 'plastic' is an incorrect desctiption... The parts appear to be a copolymer...pretty tough stuff.

I put the plastic knob on my Tikka Tactical and was a little reticent about it at first as it's merely held on to the existing SS knob with an expansion screw adjustment, but it's been perfectly solid for years! It gives just a little bit more to grab on to when cycling the bolt - works great! Here's a close-up of the knob on mine:

TikkaT3_BOLT_TRIGGER.jpg