• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka t3 question

usmc02xx

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 19, 2012
Locust Grove GA, USA
I picked up a t3 varmint in 308 (20 inch) used at a gunshow over the weekend. looks new, bolt isnt even worn. Got it for $599 btw :) . The thing thats bothering me is that it has a integral muzzle brake (magna porting?). The dealer told me it was ordered that way. He said he specifically ordered that rifle for a guy that wanted a "sniper rifle" that wasnt a remmy. then he put a $100 piece of glass on it /sigh. I've never seen one on a tikka that wasnt done after the fact. I would call the guy a liar but we talked for 30 and he seemed like he was telling truth, long disucssion. Anyone seen a t3 with muzzle brake drilled in from the factory? everything looks top notch, just a first for me.

Last edited:
I do not know of any Tikka Varmint or other rifles that came with a brake.

The Tikka T3 Tactical comes threaded for a brake, that's as close as it gets.
They are not sold with brakes mounted.

Are you sure it´s a factory barrel?

has tikka (and rest of crap)stamped on barrel. all looks original and in good finish. very strange. i was under the impression it was special ordred within the lat year or so. i wouldnt mind the brake being from a smith after the fact (if so they did a good job) but im with y'all. never seen it.

Beretta won't do custom/factory work on Tikkas...Not worth the hassle. Heck..They make the Tikka T3 in 260 Rem for the European market and we can't even get them here. And that's a factory production rifle.

edit; Tikka imports the T3 sporter in 260, not the T3 lite or hunter

Last edited:
So whats the actual barrel length, using a rod to the boltface? Never seen one magnaported, but know that Gander will have anything magnaported. Guess it depends on where the dealer purchased the rifle.

So whats the actual barrel length, using a rod to the boltface? Never seen one magnaported, but know that Gander will have anything magnaported. Guess it depends on where the dealer purchased the rifle.

20 inch. , quite a mystery i have myself here. he was very specific that Tikka did it and it had to be special ordred that way... oh well. as long as it shoots good i dont care, but it seeming like i may have been led astray lol. If it got goobed ill haev it cut and threaded. Im shooting some test loads this weekend, maybe ill find out then if its bad or not.