• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Tikka T3 Questions

shoot4fun

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Oct 27, 2003
    Riverside, Alabama, USA, etc
    I bought a Tikka T3 in 223. I measured the throat and want to load 75 Amax out near the throat. It wouldn't be difficult to do. Only problem is that the spacer in the magazine forces me to keep them a lot shorter than I want. Any one ever taken apart one of these mags? I am thinking if it came apart (and reassembled) easily enough I would shorten the spacer. Any suggestions/ideas on what to do? I would just single feed but the DBM design makes that rather iffy.

Re: Tikka T3 Questions

I think a lot of people have modded those mags to permit longer COAL. I even remember a post here where the guy said it was "easy," but I fiddled around for the better part of a day to get mine done - and it's still not feeding just right.

It's a crying shame that Beretta / Tikka can't understand how they are limiting the appeal of that rifle by selling overpriced plastic magazines that won't permit proper seating of the long bullets best suited to that 8" twist.

Now that AI will offer .223 mags, I think the ideal solution to all the Tikka's shortcomings is to get Scott McRee to offer his T-Mag stock system for the T3. Now THAT would be the ticket!

Cheers... Jim