• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T3 scope

Mildot

Private
Minuteman
Feb 2, 2003
Central Indiana
I just got a new Tikka T3X Lite stainless in .223 and had a couple questions.

I have a Bergara B14 HMR in .308 and in my old age was looking for something a little lighter in weight and less recoil.

I was going to add a Mountain Tactical bottom metal [will use the factory mags] and was wondering if that was a good choice [just to get rid of some plastic] and was looking at a Leupold VX-3HD CDS-ZL 3.5-10x40 duplex scope for it. Is that a good scope for general use at 100-200 yards? Not really looking for anything over 10X.

On my last Tikka T3 in .308 I used Talley one piece lightweight mounts, but that has been a few years ago, is that still a good choice for mounts?

Thanks

I have a Tikka T3x Lite in 308 with a Leupold VX2 4-12 duplex reticle on it. It has been my only hunting rifle for the past few years and has bagged me plenty of game within 100 yards, and rung steel out to 400 with no issues whatsoever. I also can’t think of a time that I’ve ever actually used 12x magnification. In short if you’re looking for a no frills hunting scope, I think it’s great. You can obviously get much better, more advanced tech scopes, but for hunting purposes - KISS - keep it simple stupid. Just zero at 100, place the reticle on your target and don’t jerk the trigger.

Reactions: stilesg57
Friend just ordered a T3 lite in 6.5 creedmoor. Sportsmatch rings and a 6x SS going on it. Should work fine. I use 6x and 10x on some 223 rigs with good success.

Thanks for the replies.

I ordered the Leupold VX-3HD scope with their Back Country one piece ring mounts and the Mountain Tactical bottom metal. Should be fine for my use.

Thanks, Mike