• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T3 Scout/Tactical Scope Rail Question...

HOGTOOTH5R

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 25, 2011
DFW, TEXAS
Sorry Guys, I tried to search on this one but couldn't find a straight answer.

I just purchased a Tikka T3 Scount CTR Rifle today in .308 Win. The rifle comes with a Scope Rail already installed which is nice, however, for some reason the very first screw of the rail in the Front is only screwed in half way. Anybody Know why this is? I saw their display rifle which had the Same Exact Screw only half way in as well.

Also, does anyone know if the Stock T3 Scout Scope base has any Build in MOA Cant? If not then I will replace it with a 20 MOA base instead.

Thanks for all your help in Advance guys!

Re: Tikka T3 Scout/Tactical Scope Rail Question...

There's something in the manual about a recoil stop but I couldn't understand it.

The rail is 0 MOA. The EGW rail is popular replacement.

You again!
laugh.gif
Awesome to hear you were able to get one today!

The front screw that's in half-way and doesn't screw into the action is to attach a mirage band. As already posted, EGW is your best bet if you want an economical 20MOA rail.

Yes Sir~! Just too excited about the New Rifle!!! Sigh...I can feel this addiction taking control already. I've already got the whole entire build planned out! But thanks for the explaination sir! That makes sense. I've seen the Mirage bands before on a lot of the European and Fin Rifles. Looks pretty cool and funtional. But I still would like a 20 MOA Base for my build so I guess EGW will be the way to go. Thanks again everyone. You guys ROCK!!!

Get the EGW HD. You will thank me. The standard EGW base is *VERY* soft.

John

Yes! Great clarification the EGW HD is worth the extra cost.

Do yourself another favor and get Limbsaver recoil pad part #10011 or 10112 (same template) -- you will not enjoy shooting that rifle with the junky factory pad that feels like plywood. It's a specific fitted pad for the T3. Pic below of what it looked like on the Scout I just sold.

I also like to mention since it has the built in comb, I needed 1.00" rings to get comfortable cheekweld. The 0.87-0.885" standard rings were painfully low. YMMV.

Tikka_04.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jrob300</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Get the EGW HD. You will thank me. The standard EGW base is *VERY* soft.

John </div></div>

Hmmm...Interesting information. Good thing I saw this before placing the order! Any good suggestion on where I should order the EGW HD? Thanks for the great input and advise!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hamstur</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes! Great clarification the EGW HD is worth the extra cost.

Do yourself another favor and get Limbsaver recoil pad part #10011 or 10112 (same template) -- you will not enjoy shooting that rifle with the junky factory pad that feels like plywood. It's a specific fitted pad for the T3. Pic below of what it looked like on the Scout I just sold.

I also like to mention since it has the built in comb, I needed 1.00" rings to get comfortable cheekweld. The 0.87-0.885" standard rings were painfully low. YMMV.

Tikka_04.jpg
</div></div>

Thanks for the Input and Suggestion. However I rather not spend anymore money on the Factory Stock as I bought this Rifle with full intend of putting it in a KRG W3 Chasis. But it's very good information to know and I'm sure whom ever read this thread in the future would appreciate the Info too.

Also, if you don't mind me asking. Why did you get rid of your Tikka? I've been looking for a long time just to find one...Just wondering. Thanks!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HOGTOOTH5R</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jrob300</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Get the EGW HD. You will thank me. The standard EGW base is *VERY* soft.

John </div></div>

Hmmm...Interesting information. Good thing I saw this before placing the order! Any good suggestion on where I should order the EGW HD? Thanks for the great input and advise!!! </div></div>

IIRC, I ordered mine directly from EGW.

John

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HOGTOOTH5R</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Also, if you don't mind me asking. Why did you get rid of your Tikka? I've been looking for a long time just to find one...Just wondering. Thanks!</div></div>
Moving to 6.5 and had 5x 308s in 3x GAP, TRG and the Scout. Bought an XLR for the Scout and did not like it at all. Sold the chassis, then decided to sell the 2 Finnish rifles to standardize mags, bipod, accessories, etc. Maybe a vanity thing but since 308 will be shot half as often, might as well keep the pretty ones.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hamstur</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HOGTOOTH5R</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Also, if you don't mind me asking. Why did you get rid of your Tikka? I've been looking for a long time just to find one...Just wondering. Thanks!</div></div>
Moving to 6.5 and had 5x 308s in 3x GAP, TRG and the Scout. Bought an XLR for the Scout and did not like it at all. Sold the chassis, then decided to sell the 2 Finnish rifles to standardize mags, bipod, accessories, etc. Maybe a vanity thing but since 308 will be shot half as often, might as well keep the pretty ones.</div></div>

Ah I see, well I can see why the Scout had to go first. LOL, If I were in your position it would've gone first too! Sounds like you have some very nice rigs, I only wish one day I will be able to own at least one GAP or TRG and I'll probably NEVER get rid of it! Thanks for sharing!!!