• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T3 shroud and bolt handle

BBsteel

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 17, 2010
MN
Okay, is there anywhere in the US that is making aftermarket bolt shrouds and bolt handles for the Tikka T3 series?

I've looked here and wasn't overly impressed with what I found: http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1323704&page=1

I thought CDI was making these or are they just a DBM source? Looking for a place to get one in the states and avoid a 4 week plus delivery time if I can.

I have a .223 T3 Stainless Varmint right now and it shoots lights out. I'll wait until next year for a stock and probably go McMillan so no need for a DBM right now. I have an EGW rail on order and some Burris rings to get me going.

Re: Tikka T3 shroud and bolt handle

Jeff at CDI had all the parts(shroud, bolt handle and DBM) instock when I ordered from him last fall.
I just sent him my rifle with the stock and he put it all together for $60.
The stock needs opening up along with the bottom of the acton. If you are getting an aftermarket stock you will still need to send the barreled action to him for a little mill work. It's worth the price as he does a good clean bevel cut to the bottom of the action. It would be tough to do with a file or heaven forbid a dremel.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: css</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jeff at CDI had all the parts(shroud, bolt handle and DBM) instock when I ordered from him last fall.
I just sent him my rifle with the stock and he put it all together for $60.
The stock needs opening up along with the bottom of the acton. If you are getting an aftermarket stock you will still need to send the barreled action to him for a little mill work. It's worth the price as he does a good clean bevel cut to the bottom of the action. It would be tough to do with a file or heaven forbid a dremel. </div></div>

Good to know. I couldn't find the Tikka shroud and bolt on his website. I'll check again or send him an email. Thanks.

He did not have them listed when I bought them either, as a matter of fact he did not have the DBM listed for the Tikka's when I bought it either.
Just send him an email, he usually answers in a few hours. If you need to know sooner just call him.