• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T3 Sporter in 6.5x55....

Judd

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 1, 2010
DFW
Anyone shot one yet? How is the accuracy and do they need much work to punch paper and play with steel out to 1k?

I saw one pop up at the bottom of the screen and thought it was different looking.

Re: Tikka T3 Sporter in 6.5x55....

I've shot mine at steel at 1000 in a local competition. Hit 3 out of 5 at 1000 shooting 123 A-max's at 2700 fps. It was my first time shooting past 500 yards, and I used my iPhone for ballistics. My previous hunting load was 140 Sierra Gamekings at 2850 fps. Pretty fast for a 22" barrel, it was a hot load. The rifles are very accurate and don't weigh much. Put a good scope on it and it will do whatever you want. The barrel heats up very quickly though. The action is probably the smoothest you will ever cycle. My favorite rifles.

My Tikka T3 Varmint just arrived...action is SMOOTH as butter. I used the allenwrench and backed out the trigger setting..it's now 1 lb. 13oz. I think I am going to like this gun, as it feels a lot like my TRG-22 did.

My buddy has a 270WSM Tikka T3 lite and it shoots factory ammo very impressively and is one of the smoothest actions I have felt right out of a box. That is what make me even look at this gun...I'm still not sure it is what I want but I wondered what y'all thought.

Thanks.