• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T3 Sporter Scope Base Screw Thread???

deanm

Private
Minuteman
Dec 13, 2004
I just purchased a Tikka T3 Sporter and was giong to install a EGW scope base and not sure that the supplied screws are the correct size/thread. The package says that they are 6-48, but they don't really want to thread in and I don't want to force them.

Does anyone know what the reciever is tapped, is it 6-48 or M3.5 x 0.5?

Thanks!

Re: Tikka T3 Sporter Scope Base Screw Thread???

Before 2004-ish the threads were metric. Then they were changed to 6-48. Do you know when the rifle was manufactured?

It is brand new, I just got it from Euro Optic yesterday.

I put the EGW base on mine. The screws were tight, just as they were on my Savage. Just make sure everything is lined up and it should be fine.

6-48. Just went with EGW's current standard HD base, which fits well on my sporter 6.5x55.

Just got it installed. As Joop stated, they were tight getting started, but then they were fine. Just a little hesitant to crank them in there without knowing that they were the right thread, but they are good-to-go now.

Thanks for the help guys!!!