• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T3 Super Varmint vs T3 Tactical

Plasmech

Private
Minuteman
Apr 20, 2009
Other than a threaded muzzle, what is the real difference here? Looks like they use the same stock, same pic rail, maybe a slightly different barrel...would I be paying for just Tacticoolness or is it a real upgrade?

Also, who has these things in stock? Thanks!!!

Re: Tikka T3 Super Varmint vs T3 Tactical

I would bet barrel twist might be different,

Why is it different? If the rifling in the Tacticool is ideal, I wonder why it's not the same in the Super Varmint being that a twist rate does not change the cost of the gun whatsoever.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sonic Sammy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Tikka Super Heavy Varmint has been discontinued and is no langer avalible. </div></div>

I'm pretty sure the "Super Varmint" is a current item, actually never knew a "Super Heavy" existed...

Unless you plan on running a can or a brake your paying for the name.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Norcal Phoenix</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Unless you plan on running a can or a brake your paying for the name. </div></div>

Thanks. How hard is it to remove the barrel of the Super to have it threaded? Never took a barrel off a bolt gun.

never mind, I read your question wrong, thought you were asking about thread a barrel blank onto a Tikka receiver... That was what I was thinking about doing.

Plas,
It is a conventional thread but I have not fooled around with trying to pull a barrel on them, figure I have a few thousand rounds to go before that.
smile.gif

Any smith capable of threading it will be able to pull it off. Someone on here has a sweet little T3 in .243 that they had fitted with a brake.

Any ideas on who stocks Tikka rifles?