• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T3/T3X AICS Bottom Metal Options?

BigSky

1SG RET
Minuteman
Oct 18, 2008
Montana
I want a centralized location for this information; so, I'm starting a new thread. I would like input from others on Tikka T3/T3X AICS bottom metal options. I have found three contenders so far. They are Redsnake Tactical, Mountain Tactical and Atlasworxs. I have provided links for all three at the end of my post. I have done a semi-custom Tikka T3X 280 Ackley. It shoots great with the factory bottom metal and factory magazines; but, I'm going to experiment with the longer bullets and to do so I need the AICS.

Before purchasing, I would like input from others who have used any of the three I mentioned. Additionally I would welcome input on any other options that may exist for the AICS mags in the Tikkas. Please note I am NOT SEEKING INPUT ON AFTERMARKET BOTTOM METAL FOR FACTORY MAGS (all caps for emphasis). Thanks in advance for any and all input.

Mountain Tactical/Tikka Performance link:

Atlasworxs link:
https://www.atlasworxs.com/collecti...asworxs-bottom-metal-dbm-tikka-t3-long-action

Redsnake Tactical link:

Reactions: 6.5Hunter12
Bumping this for you, I am curious if theres a stand-out between the bunch as well.

Curious as well. Have a manners on order and it comes with an AICS mag, I think, so I will probably need different bottom metal for it.

I have the Mountain Tactical gen1 aics bottom metal in a McMillan A3-5. My Tikka is a 223 and I use the MDT polymer mag with some of the ribbing ground off. It feeds smoothly and flawlessly but looks ugly.

Bumping an old thread, I wish MDT or someone else would make a bottom metal to use the MDT 3.56 AICS mags @MDT_OFFICIAL I'm thinking about ordering a red snake tactical BM and modifying it to use the MDT mags.

Reactions: Eric_F