• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T3 Tact A1 - scope mounts

Nomad1976

Private
Minuteman
Sep 15, 2023
United Kingdom
Hey all, I've got a Tikka T3 TACT A1 in 6.5 CM with a Vortex Diamondback scope (6-24x50 MRAD), what scope rings would be good? Is it worth 20MOA mounts or adjustable cant mounts? Also would it be worth offset mounts to push the scope forward to aid with eye relief. Looking to shot out to 1200 yards.

I was looking at the MTC Optics Blueprint adjustable mounts or perhaps a single piece mount with a 2 inch offset. Any recommendations gratefully received.

Reactions: Glockstar
Had to look up the MTC rings. They seem like air gun rings, so I'd stay away in general but especially the adjustable cant seems like asking for trouble. They are however quite affordable (as is your optic) so I take it you're looking for budget recommendations.

Generally people here like the Seekins/Vortex rings for a budget option for traditional rings. Offset and eye relief is a personal preference/scope dependent, but if you find you can't fit rings on just the action mounted rail, don't try to bridge onto the handguard rail. Just get an offset mount in that case. Nightforce or Badger Unimounts are very good but expensive, I also have an Arken mount which is just fine. May as well get a 20+ MOA can't built in so you have more usable elevation travel if you're serious about 1200 yds.

You don't need any of that adjustable crap that's for shooting way further than 1200 yds.

It's not an ar15 so no need for a cantilever mount. It will just look stupid anyways.

If you haven't got any inclination in the existing rail then start there. Mdt does a 20moa with a recoil lug that will work well on your tikka if you want the cant. Rings well... nightforce, mdt again, seekins/vortex pmr, arc m10s, leupold mk4, badger ordnance, there's a fair few options in other words. You may have to use taller rings with the forward rail of the tac a1 chassis.

Seriously just search on Google images 'tikka t3x tac a1 build' and look at what others are using and get some ideas. Usually a lot of the results are forum posts where you can get the specifics of the rifle.

Hey all, I've got a Tikka T3 TACT A1 in 6.5 CM with a Vortex Diamondback scope (6-24x50 MRAD), what scope rings would be good? Is it worth 20MOA mounts or adjustable cant mounts? Also would it be worth offset mounts to push the scope forward to aid with eye relief. Looking to shot out to 1200 yards.

I was looking at the MTC Optics Blueprint adjustable mounts or perhaps a single piece mount with a 2 inch offset. Any recommendations gratefully received.
First thing, get something better than the diamondback, its a total piece of shit, not repeatable and is a waste of time , ammo and money. If you can afford to drop $1800+ on a gun, you can afford a decent optic.

Second, what you want is a 1.5" high mount for a 34mm tube/56mm obj in 20 moa. The Tikka tac has a full length upper rail with no cant built in, and since it goes the length of the hand guard, you will need a higher mount to clear the rail, especially with a canted rail.

The gold standard is a spuhr. For 30mm it would be: SP-3602 For a 34MM, it will be: SP-4602C

If you want some other tips on running the tikka and getting the most out of it, pm me. There are some products out there that will make the gun much more shootable.

Thanks all for the advice, I did some extra research into those MTC mounts, there are a few examples of the bolts not staying tightened on full-bore rifles, can't really afford for the mounts to 'adjust' themselves!

I have a 20 MOA Spuhr mount on my Tac A1. I've since transitioned over to buying MPA mounts, but I would still get a 20 MOA canted mount since the Tac A1 does not have any cant built into the base.

I am running a Schmidt and Bender PMII in a Fab Defense SD34/30 unimount on my TAC A1. It has 30 moa of cant. But do yourself a favor and save for an optic upgrade. I have the same DB Tactical on my kid's .22lr otherwise the next best place for it is the garbage can.

Here’s an option. Easiest rings to deal with ever. Comes in various inclinations. Wish they made more heights, though, like their two-piece rings:

Here’s an option. Easiest rings to deal with ever. Comes in various inclinations. Wish they made more heights, though, like their two-piece rings:

Pro's and con's of M-braces depending on optic for me. I use my left eye to look at the elevation turret's position while my cheek is on the cheek pad and have noticed the thick material on the top of the ring could block my view.

-These scopes I cannot see position of elevation turret. Razor G2, Razor AMG, S&B PMII, Zeiss V4

-Scopes that I can see the position of elevation turret. Razor G3, Leupold Mark 5, Zeiss LRP

If you lift your head up and off the stock to see the position of your elevation turret then this is a none issue.

Reactions: carbonbased
Cons of Mbrace, watching one crack in half at a match last year, and the guy having to go to his truck and get his old spuhr to finish the 2 day match.

Atleast ARC gave him his money back. Old school ARC m10 rings and mounts are fine. Newer style mbrace is shit IMO. I still run a bunch of the older shit but have 2 go down, and never saw a m10 fail in years.

First thing, get something better than the diamondback, its a total piece of shit, not repeatable and is a waste of time , ammo and money. If you can afford to drop $1800+ on a gun, you can afford a decent optic.

Second, what you want is a 1.5" high mount for a 34mm tube/56mm obj in 20 moa. The Tikka tac has a full length upper rail with no cant built in, and since it goes the length of the hand guard, you will need a higher mount to clear the rail, especially with a canted rail.

The gold standard is a spuhr. For 30mm it would be: SP-3602 For a 34MM, it will be: SP-4602C

If you want some other tips on running the tikka and getting the most out of it, pm me. There are some products out there that will make the gun much more shootable.
I also have just purchased the Tikka T3x Tac 1 and am curious as to what other folks have had luck with as far as Glass, Rings or any other info on how to get the most out of this platform.

Reactions: svt-bansheeman
I've had my Tikka tac a1 sitting in a closet for nearly three years with no scope or mount.

Yesterday I bought a scope (Athlon Ares etr 4.5-30x56) from a member here and then ordered a Spuhr 4602c mount from the mile high shooting website. Hopefully the Spuhr will do the job. I already have the fix it sticks tq wrench set and some Vibra-Tite VC -3. This is my first rodeo but I've been reading here off and on for a while. Hopefully all goes well since this is my first rodeo. I've never had a bolt action, non Walmart scope etc. It's pretty exciting. OK, rant off 😁

Last edited:
I've had my Tikka tac a1 sitting in a closet for nearly three years with no scope or mount.

Yesterday I bought a scope (Athlon Ares etr 4.5-30x56) from a member here and then ordered a Spuhr 4602c mount from the mile high shooting website. Hopefully the Spuhr will do the job. I already have the fix it sticks tq wrench set and some Vibra-Tite VC -3. This is my first rodeo but I've been reading here off and on for a while. Hopefully all goes well since this is my first rodeo. I've never had a bolt action, non Walmart scope etc. It's pretty exciting. OK, rant off 😁
Well I sincerely hope it works out since I just purchased that same exact Spuhr mount today to go along with the Viper PST Gen II 5x25x50 I bought yesterday!

Well I sincerely hope it works out since I just purchased that same exact Spuhr mount today to go along with the Viper PST Gen II 5x25x50 I bought yesterday!
It looks like we both had an expensive weekend.

What made you go the Spuhr over other options? I really the top of the rings are at 45° and it has a wedge to level the scope.

I'm not sure if it's over kill since so many have had great success with sub $100 rings (not one piece). Either way it sure does look cool.

Did a good amount of research and while opinions seem to very per usual it seems like a very good mount. The 45 degree side mounting options are also a nice touch. It’s not a cheap option but I figured worst case scenario I could always sell it and go in a different direction if I choose.

I’ve the same scope with my Tac A1, been about 3 years now with American Defence Industries one piece QD mount. I’m very happy, it will dial past 1200 (I think it’s the 30 moa option 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Wow
I have the NF 1.375” 0 MOA unimount. I would go a 1.5” mount if you wanted 20moa built into it. Can barely put the rubber cover on the scope from NF. Does slip on all the way either and gets hung up on the pic rail ridges. Nice and tight fit though.