• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T3 Tactical 300wm

lj_1187

Private
Minuteman
Mar 8, 2012
Amarillo, TX
Do any of you guys have experience with the Tikka T3 Tactical 300wm? What kind of accuracy are you getting with factory hornady ammo? Does a suppressor make it too front heavy shooting offhand? I am thinking of ordering one, but there is not much on them as far as reviews go. I have wanting to get into the long range game for a while now, and this looks nice for something I can reach out over 1200 yards with and hunt any game in the USA. I dont reload. I have considered the DT SRSA1 for a while now, price would be tough to get over at first, but if I want more calibers down the road (6.5, 338), it would save some some money. The bullpup design looks great with a suppressor too. Im thinking I could drop this tikka in a McMillan A5, and put nice glass on it for the price of the SRSA1 alone.

In that price range is there any reason you're not just looking to build you own? Maybe even in 300PRC

No real reason really. For the price the Tikka seems tough to beat. I just need to decide if the compact package with suppressor and modularity are worth the extra cost in the DT.