• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T3 tactical question

macfly

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 6, 2011
Ashburn, VA
Hello all.
I am trying to find out if anyone knows where I can find a Tikka T3 tactical in the 24 inch barrel in a 308. Out in the internets all I seem to be able to find is the 20 inch.
There must be one around somewhere!
If anyone has any leads I would really appreciate it.
thanks!

Re: Tikka T3 tactical question

I would just watch the classifieds here, gunbroker and gunsamerica. One will turn up. Z

Saw a nice one on GB two weeks ago for $950, they don't import the 24" anymore.

Diego

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: diego-ted</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Saw a nice one on GB two weeks ago for $950, they don't import the 24" anymore.

Diego </div></div>

Doh!!
Ok Thanks. Will keep my eyes open. If anyone should happen on one somewhere please PM me.

If you can't find the 24" version, I'd really suggest looking at the T3 Scout CTR. It is hundreds of dollars less than the Tactical, (sells for around $800 new) and the only differences are the Scout does not have an adjustable cheek piece, and the barrel is not threaded. (but the Tactical is threaded in a thread that is not standard in North America, so you'd most likely have to get it re-threaded anyway if you wanted to use it)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Keyser Söze</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you can't find the 24" version, I'd really suggest looking at the T3 Scout CTR. It is hundreds of dollars less than the Tactical, (sells for around $800 new) and the only differences are the Scout does not have an adjustable cheek piece, and the barrel is not threaded. (but the Tactical is threaded in a thread that is not standard in North America, so you'd most likely have to get it re-threaded anyway if you wanted to use it) </div></div>

I for one agree 100%, unless you gotta have the 24"Tac!
Diego

In a 308 four inches of barrel length won't make but 60 fps increase in velocity if that much.Get the 20".You'll have a handier rifle and wouldn't be able to perceive the difference.