• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T3 Thread

Well I'll kick this off on the new site. .308 Varmint (which I stupidly sold), and the thumper in a GRS and B&C sporter stocks.

Attachments

• 1496756_10156267714185214_973682945471384622_n.jpg
    1496756_10156267714185214_973682945471384622_n.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 1,694
  • Battue.jpg
    Battue.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 1,808
  • IMG_6138_zps0x587yzn.jpg
    IMG_6138_zps0x587yzn.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 1,680
My 24" CTR 6.5cm arrived at my FFL Wednesday but I haven't been able to pick it up due to him having the flu. 20moa rail and trigger spring on the way also so hopefully it will all come together this week. Can't wait to see how it performs.

hey folks, Wyzrd here from the old site. Hope this pic of my Tikka 308 works. If so, I will have finally f@cking figured it out!... Even though it took a couple years...Sorry for the crappy pic quality!

Attachments

• photo46553.jpg
    photo46553.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 792
  • IMAG2108.jpg
    IMAG2108.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 759
Last edited:
Ok I'm a little behind on Tikka values and I'm looking for some information. I sold my Tikka T3 Varmint in .308 a few years back but now have the chance to buy it back. The barrel and action had been Cerakoted and the rifle wears a Vortex Vipers PST 4-16x50 in Leupold STD mounts on a EGW HD rail. Asking price is $1300 for the package but I'm unsure if this is comparable to going rates at the moment. When I had the rifle it easily out-shot my DTA and I'd love to have it back to be honest but I don't want to overpay.

24in CTR in 6.5 creedmoor, Vortex Viper PST 4-16x50 FFP, seekins high rings and Harris Bipod. My first true dedicated long range bolt gun and not just another hunting rifle.

Attachments

• photo46648.jpg
    photo46648.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 1,619
  • photo46649.jpg
    photo46649.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 1,678
  • photo46650.jpg
    photo46650.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 1,577
YoDave is a no brainer, so easy to install, cheap, and makes a great trigger greater! Highly recommend.. that said, if you don't want a lighter pull weight you won't notice a difference.

With the KRG you won't need the bottom metal. Another DBM option is a take off CTR stock/bottom metal/mag.

YoDave is a no brainer, so easy to install, cheap, and makes a great trigger greater! Highly recommend.. that said, if you don't want a lighter pull weight you won't notice a difference.

I'm just curious how long it took to receive a yo Dave spring. Mine was expected to ship on 2-6 and haven't received it yet so just wondering if I should start to check into it. Thanks

Reactions: Vis20
I'm just curious how long it took to receive a yo Dave spring. Mine was expected to ship on 2-6 and haven't received it yet so just wondering if I should start to check into it. Thanks

The way I remember it, it took about a month from order placed to part in hand..

Is ordering straight from the YO Dave site the only way to get one?

For those of you that have had your barreled action cerakoted, did it mess with the smoothness of the action? Thinking of getting mine done to match the stock when it comes in, but don't want to mess up a good thing as far as the action is concerned

Reactions: Dockent
New Stock McMillan Compact, its the same profile as the Edge, but has standard fill. It still under 32 oz and weighs 1 oz less than the factory stock. This one is in Sonoran Camo, feels great in the hands. Rifle is just a smidge over 7 lbs,.

IMG_2700_zpsfigqace6.jpg

Tikka T3 Ultralight 308 Win
McMillan Compact Sonoran
SB 1.1-4 Zenith FD7
Talley Detachable.

Reactions: clcustom1911
Is CDI the only option for DBM? How does the quality compare to say Badger? On the fence between KRG or Manners for the T3.

Atlasworx out of Australia makes one that fits into the CDI Inlet. It is a fair bit less expensive than CDI. There is also one called Tier 1 out of Europe which can be purchased through a few International vendors.

[No message]

Attachments

• photo46910.jpg
    photo46910.jpg
    224.2 KB · Views: 693
Tikka performence has cdi and their own dbm. Jason there at tikka performence is making me a dbm ctr footprint that is more the design of a surgeon. i was wanting one that had a skirt around the mag to stop binding when shooting off barricades. i wish it was oem footprint but a little inletting and she will fit. but it will take aics mags.

Anyone know if there is a two stage trigger in the works for a ctr from any manufacturers? I know the new Tac A1 has one.

Reactions: mckchome
​​​​​​​This is one of my beauties, Tikka T3 X on McMillan A5-3 with a PVA prefit nut barrel 6.5 CM 24", Mad Scientist muzzle brake, EGW 20 MOA and a Vortex Razor AMG.

​​​​​​​

Attachments

• photo46919.jpg
    photo46919.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 1,200
That's bad ass. I really like the pre fit barrels becoming available

Just put my first T3 (223 varmint) into a KRG X-Ray yesterday. Ergos are OK, but the whole rig is a little light in the butt for my taste. Thinking ahead on the potential release of an AICS AX chassis --- are there any definitive conclusions available yet regarding that chassis and mag compatibility for a 223?

​​​​​​​This is one of my beauties, Tikka T3 X on McMillan A5-3 with a PVA prefit nut barrel 6.5 CM 24", Mad Scientist muzzle brake, EGW 20 MOA and a Vortex Razor AMG.

​​​​​​​

How did the prefit barrel work out? Did you pull the factory barrel and install it yourself? I'm thinking about doing something similar with mine.

Atlasworx out of Australia makes one that fits into the CDI Inlet. It is a fair bit less expensive than CDI. There is also one called Tier 1 out of Europe which can be purchased through a few International vendors.

I have the standard replacement metal on my hunting gun. It is good except the magazine release position is frustratingly placed. I think I'm going to replace it with their full DBM. How hard would it be to inlet a stock yourself for it?

Reactions: powderBurnz
How did the prefit barrel work out? Did you pull the factory barrel and install it yourself? I'm thinking about doing something similar with mine.

I haven't to shoot her, just came in yesterday. Im planning to do it this weekend. Josh at PVA rebarrell it , taking out Tikkas's factory barrels sometimes is a PITA but the best thing is that now will be easy to swap barrels because of the nut, just like Savages.

I ordered one today, and they said it should go air mail tomorrow and be in my mailbox in 1-2 weeks

I ordered one today, and they said it should go air mail tomorrow and be in my mailbox in 1-2 weeks

Mine showed up today and label shows mailed on Feb 6, just as their email stated so 10 days probably isn't bad for having to cross the boarder. I've never ordered from outside the states so had no idea what to expect.