• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T3 threading?

evilcoon

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 5, 2012
Farmington Hills, MI
I received my Tikka T3 Varmint heavy barrel .223 and had a few questions.

My gunsmith asked how long to make the threads, will this play a big factor?

Will 1/2x28 work since I'm using a .223 can?

Keep it at it's current length?

Can anyone direct me to where I can get a different stock.

Thanks in advance!

Re: Tikka T3 threading?

I have a 6.5x55 threaded 1/2x28, and kept the sporter weight barrel at 22". It is in the factory stock and it's my favorite rifle. The factory Tikka stock is much better than a Rem. or Savage plastic stock.

I also have a heavy barreled Tikka in an XLR chassis and it is a nice stock if you are prepared to spend that much. Kyle at XLR is great with customer service.
-Dan

Also, I did some research on thread length and found that 0.5"-0.75" is the norm. I think I had mine done at 0.625".

The Whiskey 3 is also available.

.6" thread length is about right I think but your gunsmith shouldn't have to ask you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RyanScott</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Whiskey 3 is also available.

.6" thread length is about right I think but your gunsmith shouldn't have to ask you. </div></div>

Thanks for feedback.

I'm thinking I should probably look for another gunsmith just to be safe.

I had my Tikka Varment in .223 thread 5/8x24 by Jon Addis at Area 491 Firearm. Great guy to do business with and usually only has a day or two turn around.