• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T3 upgraded bolt handle?

neoinarien

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 13, 2008
Wisconsin
How are those CNC upgraded bolt handles, sold with the bolt shrouds, from Australia?

Good? Worthwhile?

Re: Tikka T3 upgraded bolt handle?

Roedale...

http://www.webshop.roedale.de/product_info.php?info=p400_T3-tactical-bolt-handle.html

419763_3069131801834_1069742659_3165600_273478218_n.jpg

Just got my HSS Tikka bolt from Australia for my T3..

...and it doesn't fit.

Apparently it's just barely too large/not cut right. I'm going to have to see if a local gunsmith can grind it to fit. Very disappointing, since I obviously don't want to deal with a return all the way to Australia.

Parker

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TexasClassIII</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just got my HSS Tikka bolt from Australia for my T3..

...and it doesn't fit.

Apparently it's just barely too large/not cut right. I'm going to have to see if a local gunsmith can grind it to fit. Very disappointing, since I obviously don't want to deal with a return all the way to Australia.

Parker </div></div>

You bought it from Hinterland or US distributor? It's supposed to be a tight fit.

Direct from Hinterland.

There's a difference between tight and too large.

Unfortunately it's the latter. I mean I understand how it happens...especially when they are aiming for a tight fit.

I suspect it isn't going to be that big of a deal and that a local gunsmith should be able to take a very small amount of material off and get it to fit. But since the company is literally half a world away it's not like I can easily send it back and just ask for another.

Parker

Just got an email back from them:

"We try all of the bolt handles on a Tikka bolt here in store, but it appears Tikka have tightened up their spec on the handle. We stand behind all of our products. If you would like it replaced we are happy to do that for you, however if you choose to get a gunsmith to fit it, if you send us a copy of your gunsmiths invoice for fitting the handle we will look at refunding you via PayPal for reasonable costs."

Nice to see them stand behind their product.

Parker

You can take a little bit of sandpaper wrapped around a file or other flat object and remove a bit off the angled portion of the handle or off the bottom. We had to do that with one we had. Your gunsmith will just do pretty close to the same thing, as I really doubt he's going to try to fixture that handle in the mill and then even have a cutter for that angle.
Justin