• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T3 Varmint

George63

-
Minuteman
May 18, 2009
SE IA
is the factory synthetic stock usable? how would it compare to say a basic HS precision or B+C for flex etc?

or is it pretty much on the level of the rem SPS stocks

Re: Tikka T3 Varmint

Much better than a Rem SPS stock. You can get away with using the OEM no problem although its cheap looking and not to everyone's taste! I liked using mine for hunting but for serious LR upgrade to one of the custom stocks, it transforms the rifle.

^^^^
Can we get that stock here in the states?
If I converted that correctly it's $688 USD

I could make myself a better and cheaper tikka sporter, hmm.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rancid Coolaid</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Whiskey 3 chassis works great on my 223 varminter </div></div>

Have the same exact chassis on my T3 Varm .223 and it feels and works unbelievably well. I love my Tikka and the accuracy on these things bone stock matches custom rifles! Do yourself a favor and upgrade, the rifle is worth it.

I have an XLR on one of my Tikka's. It is a beautifully crafted stock. My other Tikka is the lightweight model with the factory synthetic stock. Honestly, I really like the factory stock. I can shoot it offhand better than the XLR. It weighs very little and is very stiff. I get no noticeable flex like I did with Savage stocks. I wouldn't replace the factory stock unless you want to go with a chassis system like the XLR or W3.
-Dan