• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T3x 300WSM Stocks?

Potss

Minuteman
Feb 16, 2017
I'm looking for an aftermarket stock similar to the KRG Bravo for a Tikka T3x lite in 300WSM. However I cannot find ANY stocks the explicitly say they are made for the larger Tikka actions outside of on CF stock on Stocky's. Anyone know any stocks that would fit the larger Tikka action?

I'm not absolutely sure, but I thought all tikka t3 actions were the same, they just had different bolt stops to accommodate different cartridges. So I think any stock for a tikka t3 would work for 300 wsm. As long as it's a short action cartridge that can be fed from aics style magazines it should be good to go. Might want to repost this in the tikka t3 thread to get more responses.

Tikka actions are all the same length, its the bolt stop that makes the difference. You could even find a way to drop it into any CTR compatible stock. I've looked into grabbing a magnum bolt for my current CTR and running a SAUM, the smith I'm working with says it's feasible, will just take some slight modification to magazines. From memory there are several people on this site that have converted CTR mags to run WSM/SAUM cases.

Ive read on the KRG website that the Bravo should work fine with short magnums in the tikka as there are some AICS mags in 300 wsm that work on a 308 length footprint

Reactions: snarkscarbine
Accurate Mag makes a mag that fits the WSM that quite a few shooters have used with our chassis for a WSM chambered T3. As above the action bodies are all the same.
Thank you,
Justin

Justin,

I got the Bravo and put my Tikka T3 300 wsm in it. It fits perfectly fine. Accept the AICS mag also.

I noticed that the recoil lug in the chassis is thinner than the one came from the factory stock. Does this affect the accuracy in any way?
Secondly, the AICS fits very snugly. After a few shoots, the bottom plate of the magazine snapped off because of the recoil.

As far as the stock is concerned, it is solid., and I am happy with the purchase. Do you have any suggestion/help?

Thank you,