• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka t3x 6.5 CM optimum jump to lands.

Bbracken667

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Mar 20, 2020
Dallas TX
I recently got my Tikka and was wondering if there is an optimal jump to lands number? I was planning on starting .020-.030 jump and work up from that once I get an optimal charge. Will be using 147 gr ELD X. Similar bullets in 224 generally liked a fairly decent jump, including Bergers at .050 ….
Any thoughts on the subject would be greatly appreciated.

Tikkas have a long freebore. You will more than likely be at mag length before you get .020” off the lands unless you are using CTR mags. If thats the case then just start at mag length and work backwards.

Tikkas have a long freebore. You will more than likely be at mag length before you get .020” off the lands unless you are using CTR mags. If thats the case then just start at mag length and work backwards.
Yeah, that is my plan as it stands. I was hoping there would be a standard given the longer freebore and the proliferation of tikkas.
These days I will try anything to avoid using additional resources lol
With my 224 I found berger and the eld preferred a longer than expected jump and I suspect the same with the tikka. I am thinking perhaps up around a .050 jump, but I want to work up there since I am not at all familiar with the tikka and I have read where others may have found .020 to be the preferred neighborhood.

Peace and dry powder! 👍