• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T3x Arctic

Private
Minuteman
Jun 5, 2023
Denmark
Found out Tikka T3x has an "Arctic" model available also known as "C19" for the Canadian Rangers.
Anyone in here know if I can put the T3x Arctic into MDT's HNT26? I can see a metal pin across the stock just below the action. Does this render the Arctic's action incompatible with third party chassis?
Also, is the action of Arctic of higher quality compared to say a T3x Varmint, Lite etc.?

Most T3x actions and barrels are chromoly steel, but some actions and barrels are stainless- depending on model.

My understanding is the T3x Arctic is wrapped in seal skin and comes with a free Snow Cone machine...

Same action?? Really? So I might as well just go with the cheapest T3x action and throw away the factory stock? That would be a better deal right?
Yeah unless you wanted the iron sights and barrel that comes with the arctic or the two stage trigger.

Same action?? Really? So I might as well just go with the cheapest T3x action and throw away the factory stock? That would be a better deal right?
Have you see the price of the arctic? Yes, wildly cheaper to do a regular T3.

Like @spife7980 said, unless you want the arctic specific features, dont get the arctic.

Artic is same action as any other T3

You pay for the laminate stock - which has a cross bolt for extra strengthening, two stage trigger and iron sights

It also looks like the Arctic is a stainless action and barrel, and not chromoly steel.

The ranger rifle is not made by tikka, it's a copy of the tikka action made by colt canada. The tikka arctic is a copy of the c19, expensive, and nobody would buy it except because the stock and sights. It would be crazy to buy one to change it up like that instead of buying a tikka varmint or whatever

Most T3x actions and barrels are chromoly steel, but some actions and barrels are stainless- depending on model.

My understanding is the T3x Arctic is wrapped in seal skin and comes with a free Snow Cone machine...
I didn’t get my free damn snow cone machine……

I have one and can post pics if u like. They r nice rifles but nothing super special. I was drunk in the airport and thought I needed it 🤷‍♂️

Edit: but as stated above…. If you’re gonna Take it out of the stock not use the iron sights then buy something a lot cheaper…. That rifle was considerably more than most other tikkas.

Last edited:
I didn’t get my free damn snow cone machine……

I have one and can post pics if u like. They r nice rifles but nothing super special. I was drunk in the airport and thought I needed it 🤷‍♂️

Edit: but as stated above…. If you’re gonna Take it out of the stock not use the iron sights then buy something a lot cheaper…. That rifle was considerably more than most other tikkas.
I’ve a few items around purchased in a similar manner, never a firearm (up to now anyway) :giggle:

1687740632470.png

Tikka-T3x-Arctic-2.jpg

From a google search on the subject .

The action and barrel on the Arctic is the same as on the stainless CTR. Sako/Beretta refuse to sell the peep sights, apparently (at least around these parts), so you can't get a CTR and build your own Arctic or C19 lookalike.

But if you're not going to use the laminate stock or open sights, why even pay extra for the Arctic? Get the (stainless?) CTR if you're going to drop it into another chassis.

Talked to Tikka directly the other day and they told me the Artic is identical to the rest. So I went with Super Varmint in cerakote and fluted bolt instead. Nice rifle!