• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T3X CTR replacement stock

Brian o 23

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Nov 12, 2018
Hello all, I'm looking to replace my Tikka T3X 6.5 Creedmoor CTR stock for either a chassis or beaded stock. The rifle will be used for matches and hunting. I thought of using a Bravo chassis. Any suggestion would be great. My budget is $850 or less.
Thanks
Brian

Reactions: Kire44
I had an MPA BA chassis on my CTR. It was nice. One thing to consider is what preference you have for magazine type.

I personally liked the factory TRG-patterned magazines over the AICS mags with the Tikka.

I think a Tikka T3X CTR in a McMillan A5/Manners T4 with adjustable hardware and the factory bottom metal/mags is a GREAT dual purpose rifle setup.

Best way to decide is to fondle as many different chassis/stock options as possible. Gun stores, friends, or even asking/talking politely to fellow range members are all great ways to “test drive” some of the options.

I have a Manners EH-T on my LH 7 Mag. Well worth the 6 or 8 months I waited and the dough I coughed up. It has a nice palm swell and vertical-ish grip that's really nice for shooting prone.

What you're telling me is the CTR factory bottom metal will fit the Manners stock?

What you're telling me is the CTR factory bottom metal will fit the Manners stock?
Euro Optic had some Manners in stock last week. And yes, the ones Euro sells take the factory ctr bottom metal

When you order a McMillan/Manners directly from them you can specify the bottom metal. You’re basically ordering a one-of-kind custom.

I had an XLR on my CTR and it was great for the money.

Do you have any experience with chassis systems and traditional stocks? I ask because every person is different in what type of feel they like. The performance aspect is negligible. I find that a more traditional stock is infinitely more comfortable for ME.

Find a Manners with adjustable hardware and try it out. I try not to drink the Kool Aid but they are the shit.

So, I've really enjoyed my McRees G10. Also, I don't think it was intended but I can, in my sample of 1, run CTR, TRG, and Alpha mags. It is just supposed to be the CTR version. YMMV.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190720-221838.jpg
    Screenshot_20190720-221838.jpg
    755.6 KB · Views: 205
  • Screenshot_20190720-221818.jpg
    Screenshot_20190720-221818.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 230
Also the MPA Hybrid chassis which should be out this August.
Any thoughts on the Manners or MPA Hybrid?

I can't speak on the comparison on the MPA and Manners because Ive only been around one MPA. I will say that the Manners "drop in" may require some minor fitting.

I have several Tikka in MDT chassis and have been very happy with their products

Thanks, wtat do you think the quality difference is between MPA and MDT CHASSIS are? Both are aluminum chassis, cost is about the same if you set them up equal.

I have both the MDT HS3 and LSS Gen2 and feel both work great. I’ve only held the MPA, never shot off one - so really don’t have an apples to apples comparison to share. Quality wise - they seemed the same to me. I got the first MDT chassis during a sale and have been a fanboy since.

Don’t over look the Bravo. I’m about to throw a custom action in mine. My Custom Tikka sits in a Manners T4A and while I love it, the Bravo is hard to beat.

Don’t over look the Bravo. I’m about to throw a custom action in mine. My Custom Tikka sits in a Manners T4A and while I love it, the Bravo is hard to beat.

I’ll second what lunchbox said about the Bravo. Don’t let the price fool you. I originally bought one for my Tikka T1x because I didn’t want to dump a whole lot of money into a chassis for a 22. 6 months later I have this.
7484B66C-730C-4AEB-8AC4-3EB81A8DC6D5.jpeg
F62768B1-9D8B-4DE3-8E74-50803FC7D6EA.jpeg

I had the Bravo and then bought a Manners PRS1 with mini chassis. I like the Manners but miss the KRG Bravo it was more accurate. A few pics below so you can see them both.

You would need to get AICS mags if you go with the Bravo I don’t think they make it to take factory mags same with Manners with mini chassis.

You can get the KRG for well under your budget and I would recommend it over the Manners and it’s lighter too.

9DC47DF6-0527-40F1-8D86-B922D525B2C0.jpeg

1698886F-4889-425C-A470-40BD7CFA9607.jpeg

I’ve always wanted a traditional manners or McMillan stock. But damn I enjoy my bravo. Yea it’s only $350-400 but that’s base. By the time you add the forend if you want it or a arca Rail with Spigot you got a decent chunk of change into it and it’s definitely not lipstick on a pig. Not a huge fan of the factory KRG adjustable butt pad but with some mods it can be as nice as an AI adjustable pad.

I got a Manners T4A with GAP camo from eurooptics for like $650 a couple years ago. My action and CTR bottom metal dropped right in and worked without issue. Super comfortable, great customer service, balances well, and looks awesome. And I didn't have to go buy AICS mags or bottom metal. I couldn't recommend a stock or a stock company more highly.

I got a Manners T4A with GAP camo from eurooptics for like $650 a couple years ago. My action and CTR bottom metal dropped right in and worked without issue. Super comfortable, great customer service, balances well, and looks awesome. And I didn't have to go buy AICS mags or bottom metal. I couldn't recommend a stock or a stock company more highly.
If you've been contemplating going to a chassis by chance then I'd buy that T4A from ya. Just sayin'

I remember that there was an issue with the Tikka inlet of the Bravo. The cocking piece would impact the raised cheek piece. Has this ever been addressed?

Euro is out of stock on those because they cleared them out a few months ago at $550. Wish I had bought one then, other than weight it's exactly what I want.