• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka t3x in bravo chassis

Ryan Spivey

Private
Minuteman
Jan 5, 2024
New Mexico
So I’m a bit dumb, when I got my tikka and stock it came with a CTR mag. But the chassis I ordered accepts AICS mags only. The chassis right handed but I milled out the left side cause I shoot lefty. I’ve read that the tikka can take both but I don’t know what mags work. I’ve tried 2 so far and the didn’t work/feed. If I could get help that’d be great

I run a CTR in KRG Bravo. I bought the version that runs the ctr mags. They make one for that and one for AICS mags

Mine feeds smooth and flawlessly from my stock ctr mag
IMG_5098.jpeg

Reading is fundemental:

*The Tikka inlet accepts T3, T3x, and CTR versions, however slight mods may be required on the trigger-guard for the T3 TAC A1 to function properly. Tikka rifles accept AICS pattern mags with the exception of the Magpul AICS polymer mags.

If you want the Magpul AICS mags to work in a Tikka KRG chassis, you have to do a considerable amount of grinding to the feed lips on the mag to get it to seat and feed properly. Still not the best approach in my opinion, but it does work...
Left is untouched, right is modified lips to fit in Tikka KRG.
After the mods, the mag still seats and feeds my Impact that sits in a Manners with PTG bottom metal.

Attachments

• 20240219_152829.jpg
    20240219_152829.jpg
    192.8 KB · Views: 25