• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T3x KRG Bravo problem

harrydog

Private
Minuteman
Jun 10, 2012
Ohio
I just got a KRG Bravo for my Tikka T3x CTR 308. I'm following the directions and just can't get the recoil lug to seat in the action. Has anyone run into this? I've been struggling for a couple of hours and it seems hopeless at this point. Any help will be appreciated to say the least.
Also, my Tikka doesn't have the clip on the trigger mechanism that needs to be removed so that's not the issue.

I just picked up a CTR in 308 today. Have a bravo I’ll also be putting it in. I’ll check fit later and let you know how it goes.

Reactions: harrydog
It's a pain in the a$$, with the front action screw. I had to get the front action screw started, then seat it on the lug. Also make sure the magwell is in the right position. You can loosen the screw that holds it in, and move it back and forth.

It's a pain in the a$$, with the front action screw. I had to get the front action screw started, then seat it on the lug. Also make sure the magwell is in the right position. You can loosen the screw that holds it in, and move it back and forth.
Bingo.

The fact that this stumps you is concerning . . .
You don't happen to be a woman, do you?
Drunk possibly?

Yes, you guessed it. I'm a drunk woman. Now that that's out of the way, I have another question. Should you feel the lug snap into place? I think I might have gotten it seated properly but didn't feel any indication that it snapped in.

Not really. You should be able to tell by looking though. If you stood it up and bumped the butt of the gun on the floor, you should kind of feel it seat.

Reactions: YotaEer
I just put my .223 CTR in one, just have to be patient with it. I held it near vertical and "slid" the action down to engage then started the front screw while applying slight pressure downwards, top to bottom. You can see that it's seated when the action is level in the chassis.
Do check the top screw that KRG states comes loose and tighten after torquing the two action screws, mine was tight at the start.

Remove the polymer forend first and you will get a better view of what you are doing

Yes, you guessed it. I'm a drunk woman. Now that that's out of the way, I have another question. Should you feel the lug snap into place? I think I might have gotten it seated properly but didn't feel any indication that it snapped in.
You took that like a champ 😂
It took me a minute too - you'll get it 🍻

Remove foreend.

If it still gives you grief, set it in then give the whole rig a few sharp raps to the deck, buttstock first. That should help set everything in place. Same thing when you go to tighten everything to spec. Tighten to spec, give a few short smacks with the buttstock on the deck, then re-check torque.

I take payment in bottles of bourbon.

I removed the polymer forend and confirmed that it's seated properly so thanks for that suggestion and all the others as well. With the factory stock I could feel the lug snap in place plus with the Bravo the gap between the barrel and the forend is pretty wide so it seemed like it wasn't seated all the way.
All's good now. Time for some bourbon!

Attachments

• IMG_9900.jpg
    IMG_9900.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 43
I removed the polymer forend and confirmed that it's seated properly so thanks for that suggestion and all the others as well. With the factory stock I could feel the lug snap in place plus with the Bravo the gap between the barrel and the forend is pretty wide so it seemed like it wasn't seated all the way.
All's good now. Time for some bourbon!
So was there actually an issue or was it seated and you thought it wasn’t?