• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T3X Lite and suppressor?

Greg88

Private
Minuteman
May 9, 2019
Looking at getting a Lefty, Tikka T3X Lite 22.4" barrel 6.5 creedmoor. Is the barrel heavy / thick enough for a suppressor? Would have to get threaded. Thoughts?

If you go with a 9/16-24 thread, you'll be good on the thread but won't have enough for a proper shoulder. You may need to index off the muzzle face.

Other option would be the CTR, barrel chop to cut some weight, and open the T3 stock to fit the CTR profile.

my 'smith said there wasn't enough meat for anything larger than a 1/2-28 threading when i was looking at getting it threaded for a brake. a shame that the t3x's don't come threaded or at least have the option, as they're light guns that kick somewhat hard with magnum calibers. never feel it in the field but sucks zeroing and testing ammo at the range.

Just find a gunsmith that you can pay for work performed and not for his opinion...

Here is my Ruger American since almost 3 years now with a suppressor and not a single issue. ( It's a lefty also so didn't find a varmint contour barrel or similar) it is basically shouldered on the threads, I attach it hand tight and works great.

5/8x24 thread
IMG_20190606_202132042.jpg

Here with gemtech tracker direct threaded.
IMG_20190606_202153740.jpg

I have the exact gun you are talking about. Left hand t3x in 6.5cm. I have it threaded at 1/2x28 and run an omega suppressor on it. I have silencerco's muzzle break adapter on there, so it isn't direct thread. but all is working perfectly fine for me.

3 options:
1: Cut the barrel back to give enough barrel diameter for a 5/8-24 thread with shoulder

2: Cut the barrel for a 5/8-24 thread with no shoulder

3: Cut the barrel for a 5/8-24 thread long then put a taper after the thread. Then cut a 5/8-24 thread cap to make a shoulder with a taper on one side. Then you can tighten the short shoulder down on the taper. Then lock it down with the suppressor.