• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T3x scope ring height question please!

Kiwishooter122

Private
Minuteman
Aug 5, 2023
New Zealand
Hi everyone, after a lot of searching on various threads about what height rings to use for a wide variety of rifles and or specific optics etc I still can not find a definite answer! so I am sorry to be making another thread on the internet about what height scope rings one needs, but I'm sure this will help someone else down the line with a similar set up.

Rifle is a Tikka T3x with the superlite barrel - I have a Murphy precision 10 MOA rail coming in the mail and I have a Nightforce SHV 5-20x56 scope that is going to be mounted. I'm looking to buy some Nightforce 30mm ultralite rings but not sure on what height I need? will I be able to get away with the 1" medium height rings with the 56mm objective? any help would be much appreciated

That should work just fine, especially with the super lite barrel profile. Should have room for caps too, depending on which ones you plan on. There are some height calculators out there, but you’ll need some measurements that having everything in hand, rail/scope/rifle, make it easier.

Reactions: Kiwishooter122