• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T3x Superlite 6.5 Creedmoor. Anyone have one?

MachoKing

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 26, 2017
This rifle really intrigues me as a good, lightweight hunting rifle. I like that Tikka made the barrel 24" for the 6.5 Creedmoor version. I am wondering if anyone on the Hide has one? It is a Sportsman's Warehouse/Cabelas exclusive. Stainless, barbie plastic stock, fluted barrel. Supposed to be 5.9lbs.

I have a t3x superlite in 300 win mag, same 24 inch barrel. It’s a dream to carry and so far very accurate. Wouldn’t hesitate to get one in 6.5

I have the standard lite in 7mm mag. It's a bit heavier than the superlite but still light as a feather in the woods. I don't notice the weight at all.

Unfortunately mine is not very accurate, 1.5-2.0 MOA 3 shot groups is typical.

I have the standard lite in 7mm mag. It's a bit heavier than the superlite but still light as a feather in the woods. I don't notice the weight at all.

Unfortunately mine is not very accurate, 1.5-2.0 MOA 3 shot groups is typical.

That's weird, I have a T3 Hunter in 7 Mag and it shot 1/2" groups right out of the box. I would take it into a gun Smith to see if it's an easy fix.

I picked up a 6.5 creedmoor superlite from sportsmans warehouse for 750$. First time out to the range with the first 20 rounds (of prime) through it I was maintaining a 4 inch 10 shot group at 400 yards with a bipod off a bench, 5-9 mph wind. Velocity was about the same as with my 22" jp lrp 07 creedmoor. I expect it to speed up after another 150 rounds. I picked up the factory 5 round magazines for 31$. Also you can swap out and install a vertical grip for better trigger control for 9$. I went with an aluminum 20 moa rail+ rings. It is definitely only 6lbs stock. Will shoot more this weekend and report back.

I have read that the Tikka barrel on the 6.5 is a little slow. My 7 Mag is not slow. I wonder if the mandrel they use for the 6.5 is a little undersized.

Reactions: Anzac
After spending 10 days hunting in the mountains carrying my jp lrp-07, I decided to try a lighter option for a stalking/walking hunting rifle. Originally thought about cutting the barrel down to 22 inches and threading it. I will hold off on that until I see a velocity increase.

IMO if the weight is right, I wouldn't worry about cutting down a barrel. Every hunting rifle I've had except my .260 has had a 24" barrel and a brake and it never hindered me even when busting brush.

I’m considering a T3XSL in 6.5 for next year. I actually took a T3X Lite in .308 on trade NIB. It shoots around 2.5” at 300 with a 7x. I’ll either cut and thread this rig or pick up a 6.5. I like them for the money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just picked up a Superlite 6.5 Creedmoor, haven't set it up yet but expect I'll like it just as much as my Superlite 7MM-08 which is crazy accurate. Should be a nice rifle when I'm all set up, plan on dropping it in a Hunters Edge stock and taking it hunting:)

I got out and put another 50 rounds on mine. The barrel is speeding up a bit already. It was shooting better groups with my 123 amax loads, holding under an inch at 200 yards. Not sure if I am going to see better than 1 moa with factory prime/norma 130gr. I plan to shoot some 140, 143 grain amax/eldx to see what it likes best. Interestingly I was seeing the same point of impact as my new 24 inch 6.5 ctr with the same ammo out to 600 yards(but I remembered I had a 9 inch can on the ctr). The ctr was printing groups half the size of the superlite.

Does anyone know a SW that will ship a SL to the east coast? The nearest SW to me is in Wheeling, WV and a 6 hour ride. Thanks.

Does anyone know a SW that will ship a SL to the east coast? The nearest SW to me is in Wheeling, WV and a 6 hour ride. Thanks.

maybe they moved, but i went to a Sportsman's Warehouse in Morgantown late last summer. fyi cabela's carry's the superlites also, looks like they have an exclusive on the camo stocks.