• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T3x TAC A1 barrel question ...

rustyinbend

GySgt USMC 1976-1992
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Dec 9, 2018
    Bend, Oregon
    Apologies in advance if this is a stupid question ... but I have to ask it.

I'm thinking about ordering a new barrel on my 6.5-CM Tikka so I pulled off the handguard to measure and see the contour ... and looked at the chamber end. It's "different" than the only other barrel I've replaced (MPA 300-WMBA). It looks like the barrel fits "inside" some kind of "shroud" that holds the free-floating handguard.

My (possibly stupid) question is this ... Is that "round thing" that the barrel disappears into some kind of barrel nut that I holds the barrel in place, or is it simply a holder for the handguard and the barrel is just a shoulder-fit screw in? Any Tikka Guru's out there willing to answer my (probably stupid) question?

1646248745248.png

Just holds the hand guard, there are screws on the front of the chassis (on a flange attached to the piece you’re speaking of) to take it off.

Just holds the hand guard, there’s screws on the front of the chassis (on a flange attached to the piece you’re speaking of) to take it off.
    Didn't see the screws ... makes perfect sense. I'm glad I don't have to screw with a barrel nut ... no pun intended. Thanks!

Reactions: Spikediesel