• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T3x trigger springs

mynamejeff

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
May 17, 2021
USA
I've got 3 Yodave springs in my Tikkas. All adjusted down to 1.5lbs. I've probably got around 3k rounds through my 6.5CM with Yodave spring. I tried backing my 6.5CM adjustment screw a tiny bit further to go lighter (contacting the set screw). With this adjustment, I shot a match and ran into some dead trigger issues when I ran the bolt super fast, primers had a very small dimple on them. I found out that if I run the bolt hard enough it will slam fire (but luckily not set off the round). I can do it pretty consistently with dry fire.

A few questions:

1. Do these springs weaken over time? I'm assuming I should replace it
2. Has anyone used one of the other brands of aftermarket tikka springs and gotten trigger pulls less than 1.5lbs? I'd like to go lighter if possible without making it unreliable.

Thanks

The same thing will happen to any remington 700 aftermarket trigger when adjusted to light and beyond spec (Timney Trigger tech, etc.) Yours worked fine before you messed with it. Put it back like you had it. It’s good practice to slam the bolt home as hard as you can several times to make sure what you are describing doesn’t happen. If it does, increase the pull weight until it doesn’t.

The same thing will happen to any remington 700 aftermarket trigger when adjusted to light and beyond spec (Timney Trigger tech, etc.) Yours worked fine before you messed with it. Put it back like you had it. It’s good practice to slam the bolt home as hard as you can several times to make sure what you are describing doesn’t happen. If it does, increase the pull weight until it doesn’t.
that spring is advertised as being able to get the trigger pull under 1lb. I think that's his issue with it

for the OP: I don't adjust mine down that low so I haven't had a problem. However, I use Elay precision springs (better price) that are rated for 1-1.5lb. Pretty sure they have a lifetime warranty as well. good luck

that spring is advertised as being able to get the trigger pull under 1lb. I think that's his issue with it
Every tikka I have put one of those springs in breaks differently. Some will be heavier some will get down lighter. While I have never measured, I may have had one that got anywhere close to a pound. All the others were nice but well over a pound if I had to guess. If he wants a trigger that light then he will have to go to a Remington 700 action or close and pick up a TT diamond or similar.

Yeah I have 3 and none can get too far below 1.5lbs without running into the set screw

i did get a Rem700 action just recently (Zeus) with a Bix and Andy trigger.... loved the 10oz trigger but missed my tikka actions so I'm selling the Zeus build. I'm more used to the tikka triggers anyways so I shoot them better, was just wondering if I could get them to pull any lower

i'll try Elay just cause they seem to be the cheapest, thanks yall