• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka t3x

FrozenMinnesotan

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Apr 28, 2018
Ne MN
Looking to buy a tikka t3x lite as a fun project. I'm leaning towards 223 so my son can learn to shoot something bigger and as a spare for coyote.

I'm seeing its available with a 22.4" barrel and 1:8t. Will it handle 75gr to 80gr bullets? And what speeds can I expect?

I'll be putting it in a krg bravo most likely. And a Krieger eventually with a 1:6.5t for an 223ai chambering.

Thoughts?

Yes it will handle the 75 grain bullets and I'm thinking 80s too. With the 75s, I think you can see a MV around 3000 give or take depending on your load, barrel's pressure limit, etc. You may end up in the 2900s...

Reactions: FrozenMinnesotan
Ok thanks. I have a bighorn origin I'm thinking of getting a 223ai barrel for. But I might go straight 223 so I only need 1 set of dies for both rifles. Both would be 24"