• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka Tac A1 forend swap?

countChocula

Private
Minuteman
Apr 25, 2018
Looking for insight on swapping out the Tac A1 forend. From the spare parts catalog I see part S540200485, which a "Handguard fastener assembly - AR-15 style Barrel nut" to replace part S540203499, the standard assembly. There is also a third part that is a "AR-15 style reversed barrel nut". I can't find these parts available anywhere, so I am guessing you have to call Tikka directly to order.

Has anyone done this? Are there any good lightweight forend options that mount to a standard AR barrel nut? I was hoping I could mount an Odin Works handguard, but that uses a proprietary nut system that won't be compatible with the Tikka receiver.

Here's a link to the PDF parts catalog I was looking at. http://tikka.fi/sites/default/files...ka T3x TAC A1 sparepartcatalogue 20042018.pdf

Thanks!

I have no use for the integrated rail so I figured I could shave some weight and get the optic lower.

Do you know how much the stock TAC A1's handguard weighs? Wanted to do a quick comparison in weight vs the BLK LBL, factoring in typical weight of a rail segment and bipod. Thanks!

Reactions: DrewC
Tikka lied to the world about the handguard compatibility with ar15 style. They won't export their barrel nut cause they used it up shoving them up their asses. Fawk Tikka and their owner.

Tikka lied to the world about the handguard compatibility with ar15 style. They won't export their barrel nut cause they used it up shoving them up their asses. Fawk Tikka and their owner.
I take it you bought a handguard to mount on yours and it didn't fit?

I am also wondering if anyone has weighed the Tikka Tac A1 OEM handguard? I'm looking at the BLK LBL integrated bipod/handguard replacement in 14" which weighs 1.6 lbs or the 16" which weighs 1.8 lbs. Trying not to add to much weight vs the OEM handguard with a separate quality bipod.

I am also wondering if anyone has weighed the Tikka Tac A1 OEM handguard? I'm looking at the BLK LBL integrated bipod/handguard replacement in 14" which weighs 1.6 lbs or the 16" which weighs 1.8 lbs. Trying not to add to much weight vs the OEM handguard with a separate quality bipod.
Did you add the BLK LBL handguard / bipod?

What do you think of it?

If @Bakerman87's figure is correct, adding the 14" BLK LBL looks like it would add only 344 g / 12.13 oz, which is lighter than most separate bipods.

I would like to add a hand guard that didn’t have a rail on top. Maybe 8-10” long I don’t have a use for the rail up there and can’t mount the scope with the rings I already have because of the design. And really dint want a single piece mount for the weight but it looks like I am little bit stuck in that way.