• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka tac action differences

264win

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Oct 15, 2008
    whidbey island wa.
    Is there a good source for comparing the different tikka actions and their triggers, mags, etc ?
    T3x
    Ctr
    Tac a1
    Etc

As far as i know, there is no difference between their Actions, the T3x is an updated Version of the Pevious T3, but that´s it.
    They all have the same lengt, just a different position for the Bolt Stop on Short Actions compared to Long Actions.

Magazines in Fact are different, but i don´t know theses differences.

Maybe @ejg could shed some light on this ?

Reactions: NewsShooter
    I’m pretty certain there are several different triggers as well, but would love to find a source to compare and confirm.

Is there a good source for comparing the different tikka actions and their triggers, mags, etc ?
    T3x
    Ctr
    Tac a1
    Etc
    All T3x actions are same. Different bolt stop for short/long action cartridges.

TAC A1 and CTR use same mags

Single stage trigger for T3x
    2 stage for Tac A1 and maybe CTR

Allegedly the CTR and Tac A1 barrels are made by Sako plant vs. Standard T3x barrels made at Tikka plant.

That's the extent of my would-be knowledge.

I own a T3x 7mm RemMag and Tac A1 in 6.5 Creedmoor

Reactions: 264win
    Triggers -

Tac = a1 has 2 stage with 3p safety
    Super vamit = has above 2 stg with 2p safety
    CTR = single stage Tikka trigger
    T3 Tactical (Non-CTR) = single stage as well.

Best as I can remember...

As far as i know, there is no difference between their Actions, the T3x is an updated Version of the Pevious T3, but that´s it.
    They all have the same lengt, just a different position for the Bolt Stop on Short Actions compared to Long Actions.

Magazines in Fact are different, but i don´t know theses differences.

Maybe @ejg could shed some light on this ?
    Only major thing I can think of is the ejection window which is larger in height on the t3X. Have something like 2.5mm in my head that the bottom edge is lower... I never measured it. Supposed to help ejection on Spuhr direct scope mounts. Spuhr used to mill out T3 actions that would use his mounts fitted to the Tikka rail.
    I only use pica rails and never had issues on either version.
    edi

One extra note:

When the Tikka action uses the plastic mags, it requires a clip/spring doohickey thing that attaches to the front of the trigger mech (I think that’s where it attaches, if memory serves).

When you use the exact same action (as they all are) with CTR mags and a stock with a CTR magwell, you remove (and save!) that hard-to-get piece.

Reactions: 264win