• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka trigger coming loose -- Use loctite ?

Bungi

Private
Minuteman
Mar 31, 2012
I recently purchased a lightly used older Tikka T3 stainless. I quickly swapped out the trigger spring, bolt shroud and bolt handle.

While dry-firing, the trigger stopped firing -- I then noticed the trigger had loosened from the action and had became a bit wobbly.

I then discovered the bolt holding the trigger to the action had become quite loose.

Does anyone know the torque specs for the bolt that attaches the trigger to the Tikka action?

Also, does anyone use loctite on the bolt that attaches the trigger to the action? ... I am not sure if using loctite on that bolt would cause any problem with the trigger.

This is my second T3 (not T3x) and my other trigger has never come loose after many many rounds.

Thanks

Never used loctite on any of my tikka triggers, don't know the exact torque spec but I'd guess 25-30 in lbs would be good. If you do use loctite I'd just use a small dab of blue.

Reactions: ShtrRdy
Blue loctite wouldn’t hurt but isn’t completely necessary. The torque spec is as tight as you can get it with an L type allen wrench. Those suckers are tight from the factory.

55-65 inch pounds . It won't come loose .

Thanks all ... I will degrease the bolt and the threads ... then decide on Loctite

Wow -- would that would be 88 inch pounds?

That seems quite high

But I admit I do not know

IIRC the trigger-to-action screw is substantial but not that heavy. RTFM to be sure. 65/in lbs sounds correct.
There is factory lock-tite on the trigger-weight-adjustment screw.

M6 x 20mm trigger assembly screw has a recommended torque of 55-65 in-lbs to the action.
Aftermarket trigger manufacturers are also recommending this torque spec in their replacement kits.

M6 x 20mm trigger assembly screw has a recommended torque of 55-65 in-lbs to the action.
Aftermarket trigger manufacturers are also recommending this torque spec in their replacement kits.
World (no USA is not the world) standard for a M6x1 8.8 screw is 10 Nm.

If the manual says something else, go with that...

Normally Tikka use 12.9 screws to hold the trigger, these are high quality high tensile strength screws. It is very important that this screw does not get loose in use. I use something like loctite 243 and tighten with roughly 7NM. Push trigger in rearward position before tightening.
edi