• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka TRS-1 vs Bergara BMP

FIREBALL_BRIAN

Private
Minuteman
Jun 30, 2012
  • Tikka TRS-1 in 260 Remington 20"

Or

Bergara BMP in 6.5c 24"

Ringing steel at 1000yds
    What would you pick and why

Last edited:
I would go with the tikka. Simply because i own one, and have nothing but good things to say about them. However, i would prefer a 24" over the 20' barrel.

Honestly you won't go wrong with either. I have yet to cycle a Bergara B14 action, but I can tell you the Tikka action is extremely smooth. If you didn't see Frank's (Lowlight) video on a out of the box Tikka T3x CTR I suggest you watch it. The performance right out of the gate is very impressive. I'm certain the Bergara will perform, but the BMP is brand new and not much is known about it yet. One nice aspect of the BMP is the action is foot-printed off a Rem 700 so all aftermarket options apply. I like the looks of the Bergara very much. Just wish there were more in circulation so we could hear about performance. With that in mind, if I were buying today, it would be the Tikka. If I were buying 6 months from now, my decision may be different for what it's worth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCZbUuHJb6U

I passed on the Bergara. Action was not as smooth as the tikka. Chassis felt great. magpul AICS mag wobbled too much.

Tikka felt solid in all aspects. Just seems to cost too much.

You can buy a tikka and chassis of your liking cheaper than the trs. Without even selling the bottom metal and stock yet my ctr and Xlr has me just over 1300...when looking for trs most were at least 1700. I figure I can sell the mag, bottom metal and stock for at least 200...but not sure if I want them for hunting config still

With the availability of prefit barrels now you can even look to used or standard varmiy or lighter barrels profiles and get whatever you want after you shoot the barrel out. Most varmits can be found around $600 and have decent twist for 6.5 diameters

If you go chassis most things are done anyway (recoil lug, aics mag) so you can find closeout t3s instead of t3x

I am kinda in the same boat. I really like the Tikka TSR-1 but want it in 6.5 creedmoor with a 24" barrel. I have decided to purchase a Tikka T3x CTR 6.5 creedmoor with 24" barrel and McRees G10 stock to get the same setup as the TSR-1.
If you decide to get the TSR-1, capitol armory had a promo where you get a Silencerco Radius half off with the purchase of a TSR-1