• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka UPR Stock Question

DurangoAl

Private
Minuteman
Jan 5, 2023
Durango, CO
I am planning to mount a bottom pica rail on my UPR for a tripod mount. When I took the gun apart today to start planning out how/where to put the tee nuts, I noticed there is a hole in the forestock, only on the inside, it doesn't go through the stock, but there is a nut bedded in there that has the same thread pitch as the swivel studs.

Here's my questions:
1) what is the hole/nut for?

2) do you think I can drill out the underside of the stock and use that as one of my anchor points for the pica rail?

I have a call into Beretta tech support, but no word from them.

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_4893.jpeg
    IMG_4893.jpeg
    458.5 KB · Views: 88
All of the plastic Tikka stocks have 2 threaded inserts and usually only the front is used for a swivel stud. I’ve mounted full length SRS ARCA rails to them using both inserts with good results. The UPR is a composite half shell design, so it’s a little different, but I’d start by trying to use anny built in fasteners over trying to drill between the halves for tee nuts. Probably could drill a small pilot hole down from the top, then use a larger bit from below just until you contact the metal insert.

Reactions: DurangoAl