• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos Timberwolf 338 Lapua

Re: Timberwolf 338 Lapua

Looks great.

Specs?

Range report?

Action: PGWDTI Timberwolf Tactical.
Barrel: 26" Krieger 1:10 Twist.
Stock: McMillan A5 in C14 Camo.
Optics: NXS 5.5-22x56 NP-R1
19 lbs.
Sub 1/2 - 1/4 moa

That's a beautiful rifle to say the last! Love the fluting on the barrel. Congrats. My next rifle is going to be like that but in 300WM, 338 Lapua is too expensive for me to shoot since I don't reload.

My 50BMG ammo is killing as is and I bought about 400rds of AMAX ammo years ago to avoid the price increases.

I'm always up to sharing notes. There's a few of us in my neck of the woods that like to reach out and touch the metal at insane yardage. It's always nice to have someone new join in. Check your pm's later.....

does anyone know if you can get a barrel maker in the U.S. to make a duplicate of the timberwolf barrels

In regards to the pricing I'll put it to you this way: You and your wife/gf/mistress could take a nice long trip to Hawaii or Mexico instead. My wifey is still pissed at me about buying this one and not taking her to Cancun. Oh well...........

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Armorman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In regards to the pricing I'll put it to you this way: You and your wife/gf/mistress could take a nice long trip to Hawaii or Mexico instead. My wifey is still pissed at me about buying this one and not taking her to Cancun. Oh well........... </div></div>

just simply explain to the wife that owning one of these makes everyday seem like holiday.
after she packs up her stuff and storms out you will have tons of free space to put reloading equipment its just a win win

I love mine too!

IM

With the way the ammo is going, reloading will be probably the only option. It is pretty easy and saves you more than half the cost.

Reloading your own ammunition is the only way to go. Not only is it more economical but now you have an excellent opportunity to experiment and tune a load specific to each rifle. I haven't bought one single round of factory loaded ammunition in years. I'd hate to know what a box of 338 Lapua ammunition costs today.

Thank you very much. Alternatively, as stocks put on action 338LM? No Ashbury

Hi Bill
No, Any standard stock,like this.....
url]

for 338LM rifle bolt action custom

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1shot2kill</div><div class="ubbcode-body">does anyone know if you can get a barrel maker in the U.S. to make a duplicate of the timberwolf barrels </div></div>
Just Google Kampfeld Custom rifles and go for it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: markspring1978</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone how big of a pain it is to get these across the border? </div></div>
Bill Stoffels is going through the process right now, you might PM him.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: honkey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks like the c14 </div></div>

It is the C14. Same gun anyways. Doesn't come with the army packup kit as far as I know. They also make a similar rifle in SA (308 etc) called the coyote. Very nice.