• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Time for a new Dillon Reloading Machine

CaptNemo

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 8, 2009
    Southern Alabama
    I want to buy an XL750, I'm looking for a recommendation as to where to spend my money.
    I know they are on a 6 to 8 week backorder for just about every caliber, I just need to get in line and wait my turn.
    Any 'Hide supporters that are Dillon Precision dealers ?

Reactions: Gustav7
    They had case feeders in stock too when I checked earlier this morning.

Tracking # is active with an estimated ETA of Monday the 16th
    Thanks for the lead with Scheels.
    I passed on the case feeder for right now, maybe Santa Claus will deliver on in December.

Reactions: RS14
    Tracking # is active with an estimated ETA of Monday the 16th
    Thanks for the lead with Scheels.
    I passed on the case feeder for right now, maybe Santa Claus will deliver on in December.

Get the brass feeder and then a Mr. bullet feeder when you can afford it. You’ll be able to do 100 rounds in about four minutes. Probably loaded over 100,000 pistol rounds on a 650 with the set up. Enjoy it.

Reactions: MC56
    Hopefully everything.... it's really a do all machine. Everything from bulk to 1000yd F-Class...

If I didn't want a savings account, I'd have at least 2

You load precision 1000yd ammo on a 750?

I believe the key to precision ammo would be a ball powder such as Staball or ramshot Hunter on the Dillon

Are you using the Dillon powder drop or do you still weigh charges individually?

Do it both ways depending on the situation . Powder choice makes a big difference on when you can use the Dillon powder meter. Ball powders and short stick powders like 8208xbr meter extremely well

You load precision 1000yd ammo on a 750?

I load my 6.5cm on my 550, but I unfortunately do not have a 750. I do manually drop through a funnel rigged up in one of the toolhead stations. I have two modified Chargemasters that can easily keep up with as fast as I can load quality ammo.

That being said, there a many competitors from all disciplines, including 1000yd F-Class who load on 550/650/750's

I've never been sure where the notion that Dillon's can't load precision ammo came from.

Reactions: Bravo6niner
    I load my 6.5cm on my 550, but I unfortunately do not have a 750. I do manually drop through a funnel rigged up in one of the toolhead stations. I have two modified Chargemasters that can easily keep up with as fast as I can load quality ammo.

That being said, there a many competitors from all disciplines, including 1000yd F-Class who load on 550/650/750's

I've never been sure where the notion that Dillon's can't load precision ammo came from.

That makes sense. I may have to try it out on my 650. Personally, I don't trust the Dillon powder measure for precision ammo, but that sounds like a logical work-around that makes the best of both worlds. Thanks for sharing.

That makes sense. I may have to try it out on my 650. Personally, I don't trust the Dillon powder measure for precision ammo, but that sounds like a logical work-around that makes the best of both worlds. Thanks for sharing.

Here's my basic setup on my 550...

IMG_5666.jpg

Hopefully everything.... it's really a do all machine. Everything from bulk to 1000yd F-Class...

If I didn't want a savings account, I'd have at least 2

Que the fuds..." You caint load precision ammo on a progressive...my pappy told me so back in 1974..." Comments

Seriously though...I load everything but 338LM and can't wait to get a second so I have one machine dedicated to large primers and the other dedicated to small

Am I seeing a bullet seater in both tool heads?

Well, ya....but they're different calibers. I load precision 6.5cm, 223, and 223AI on my 550 using Armanov clamped toolheads w/ floating dies.

The toolhead on the left, I'm experimenting with doing it all in one step with my 6.5. Tumble my fired cases for an hour, load em in trays of 50 and spray em down with One Shot and load:
    Station 1: deprime/size/prime
    Station 2: Mandrel to set neck tension to 2thou
    Station 3: Manually drop powder
    Station 4: Seat.
    I loaded up 200 a week or two ago and I'll get to the range later this week to see if they're as consistent as the two toolhead setup

So do you tumble the loaded rounds?

So far no, I just put 50 on a towel and roll em around and wipe em down. But this is the first 200rnds I've done all in one toolhead like this. Normally I do two toolheads, so I would tumble the cases after brass prep.

I don't think I'd have an issue tumbling loaded rounds as long as there weren't a lot. It only takes about 10 or so minutes in fresh polishing media to take off the lube.

I recently picked up an xl750. Simply amazing machine and should have bought it long ago. I have had an Hornady ammo plant for a few years and have loaded thousands of pistols rounds on it, its n9t half the machine the xl750 is.

Reactions: Gustav7
    Well, ya....but they're different calibers. I load precision 6.5cm, 223, and 223AI on my 550 using Armanov clamped toolheads w/ floating dies.

That explains it.. I'm using two tool heads for 308. one for prep and one for powder and seating.

That explains it.. I'm using two tool heads for 308. one for prep and one for powder and seating.

I would normally, but I'm trying a one toolhead setup to see whether it works, and if I prefer it. The two toolhead setup is pretty efficient, and not sure if I really like the one toolhead. Trying to jam too much into one operation sometimes has its drawbacks

Que the fuds..." You caint load precision ammo on a progressive...my pappy told me so back in 1974..." Comments

Seriously though...I load everything but 338LM and can't wait to get a second so I have one machine dedicated to large primers and the other dedicated to small
    How well does the Dillon powder drop do with varget and other longer extruded powders?
    I've only used ball/flake powders on my 650 so far

How well does the Dillon powder drop do with varget and other longer extruded powders?
    I've only used ball/flake powders on my 650 so far

I throw my rifle rounds with my v3 set up

What does that mean? the 550 has a better primer system than the 650? Why not just fix the 650?

Lol... the fix IS the 750. The 750 has more meat to it as a press, its priming system like mentioned is substantially better, the same as the 550. It also has a different indexing system on the shellplate that is smoother and less prone to "jumping" on you and losing powder out of cases that are almost full.

Heres a good video....