• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Time for another 22 suppressor

alan98

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 11, 2008
Pennsylvania
I think it's right that suppressors and stamps do multiply!! Anyways, I bought the sparrow for my first 22 suppressor and have been please with it but am itching for one more yet. I'm undecided between the Spectre II and the new Surefire Ryder. This will only be used for 22 lr..nothing else. I've read the Spectre II is maybe one of the quietest suppressors out there. Anyone have any recommendations..not too worried on the price as they're all somewhat close.

I like the Surefires, but I haven't read too much about them on here yet.

Thanks for any help

Alan

I can vouch for the Spectre II, very quiet can although seems a little heavy for a .22 can? As for suppression I have no other equipment that I can compare it too but seems very quiet to my ear.

The Spectre II would make a good second can addition, especially for use on a rifle. It's components can be dipped making it easy to clean like your Sparrow. It's going to be heavier, but it has a little more volume and no first round pop. The Ryder does not impress me being 22lr rated only and it's really more in line with the warlock, which is substantially cheaper than the Ryder (Though I will concede that the Ryder is a cool looking can if that matters to you). Also something to consider would be the Griffin Armament Checkmate. While I don't personally own one, I found the can to be of very good quality in the hands and shooting. The mounting system may be of interest to you if you wanted something QD instead of direct attachment.

If its definately for 22 only, Id take a look at the AAC Prodigy. Lightest and simplest suppressor out there. Just as quiet or more, than the Spectre 2. I have a Sparrow, Spectre 2, Axiom, Element 2, and a Prodigy. The Prodigy is the only one of those rated for 22 only, and it does it well.

I'll check out the Prodigy. Everything I keep reading though says the sparrow and spectre II are always near the top of the list. I probably read about the Prodigy but overlooked it. This will be for .22 LR only.

Thanks again,

Alan

I think I've narrowed it down to the SPECTRE II for a second 22LR only suppressor. I read on silencershop that the AAC ELEMENT 2 is one of the quietest on pistols? I wouldn't mind trying the new Surefire either but I think I read they're coming out with a stainless version as well?

I'll probably just grab a spectre and be done with it :)

Decisions, Decisions lol

Alan