• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Time to fess up, who farted on industrial scale in Florida?

Mr.BR

Private
Minuteman
  • Oct 5, 2017
    Who Released The Toxic Plume Of Methane In Florida?

Stanford University professor Adam Brandt said the methane is likely from an "industrial facility, power plant, or gas compression or handling system," calling it, "a significant leak."

The Alachua County Environmental Protection Department told Bloomberg they're "unaware of any incidents that may have contributed to methane emissions."

Bloomberg dug around and found that Gainesville Regional Utilities (GRU) requested an exemption on its air permits on April 24 to replace a steam turbine generator at its J.R. Kelly power plant, which is about 12 miles south from where the methane cloud was spotted.

GRU has yet to disclose when the turbine was replaced. Also near where the plume was detected, the utility company has at least two more power plants, one that runs on natural gas and another on coal.

In the same area, Energy Transfer LP's Florida Gas Transmission has natural gas pipelines and compressor stations. The energy company didn't report any planned releases or disruptions in early May.

Underneath the area of where the plume was spotted is land owned by forest products company Weyerhauser Co. Christine Berish, development review manager for Alachua County's Department of Growth, said the forestry company "doesn't have development projects in that area."

How the toxic plume was released remains a mystery.

bbg%20fl%20toxic%20plume.png

Looks like Clay Electric in the keystone heights area let off a little gas too.
    Florida‘s last governor sold out the people of Florida, and allowed Duke energy to destroy several Florida rivers running the pipeline up north. I live near and have property on the historic Suwannee River and you can smell it for miles when they bleed it off. They have huge blowers that sound like jet engines dispersing it into the atmosphere. The people tried to block the installation a few years ago but big money had paid off the right people. Those Sorry mofos

I think I heard Hollywood types are in that area filming a movie. This would explain the large release of methane. :devilish:

Man that tacobell gets me everytime. Better out than in amirite?

Fl smells bad. Everybody that's been to Fl knows that. Unless you lived in Fl your whole life, then I guess it smells just fine.

I think I heard Hollywood types are in that area filming a movie. This would explain the large release of methane. :devilish:
    Well holloweird types are full of bullshit, so makes sense they are rank with it.