• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Timing the brake for my Sandman S on my Accuracy International AT...Having zero luck...

LONG RNG

Private
Minuteman
Apr 13, 2019
Ohio
Need some info....I'm TRYING to time the brake for my Sandman S on my Accuracy International AT...I have tried every combination with the shims and cannot find the right mix that doesn't put me 5-10 degrees past or short of 12 o'clock with the torque wrench...I'm also afraid to wrench to hard because I'm worried about hurting the rifle. Dead Air doesn't answer the phone so I'm in email purgatory ....Has anyone dealt with this before?

What is the use case?

Just pin and weld it.

Have you considered using a different rifle?

I hear the Banish 30 is a sweet can...

Actually shaving the back of the brake is a very bad idea. Not easy to keep it true and it doesn't take much to cause a strike. Check it before you shoot it.

Reactions: kthomas
Actually shaving the back of the brake is a very bad idea. Not easy to keep it true and it doesn't take much to cause a strike. Check it before you shoot it.
I already had purchased the Accuracy Solutions Suppressor Bore Alignment Rod 6.5 Creedmoor, before my can was released to me. I did use it and all was good before I shot it. I'm glad you said something though...in my youth I might not have been so prepared and got hurt without thinking.