• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Timney Customer Service

3-0-hate

Captain Nimcompoop
Minuteman
Jun 13, 2011
Lost in Idaho...
Since it seems like there are so many threads lately just trying to bash the shit out of manufacturers lately, I figured I would have a go..

Just one problem. Timney's customer service was excellent. Specifically Megan Downey at Timney. I have an older Timney Elite that I bought circa 2008 maybe, and it has been moved from rifle to rifle a few times. Its a damn fine trigger that hasn't let me down yet. The last rifle it was on was in an Eliseo tube chassis, which means I couldn't use the bolt release or the safety. No biggie, unlock the gun for safe.. No big deal, ran it that way for years until I sold the chassis.

Fast forward to last month when I was trying to re-install the safety to install it into my Bergara. The pin that secures the safety lever was knackered and wouldn't accept the lock ring securely. I took a photo of the parts that I have, sent it off to Timney customer service and told them I needed the parts for the safety that I didn't have so I could install it in my Bergara. Megan replied within the hour and promised to send out the parts that I needed upon receipt of my mailing address. I sent it off and then didn't hear anything for two weeks. I emailed her back asking if she had shipped the parts and she said she was waiting on my mailing address. I responded and told her I sent it two weeks ago, to which she replied again "Dang computers. I will get that part sent out to you, expedited!"

To my shock I received a package from Timney the next day, sent overnight express with the parts I required inside.

Thanks Timney and thanks Megan!