• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Timney Daniel Horner Trigger issue

Usmcsomerville

USMC Vet
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Nov 21, 2017
    Brighton, MI
    Wanted to see if anyone else had this issue with their Timney Daniel Horner trigger. I just bought the trigger today, got home and installed it. I have built many ar15s, most being very high quality builds. So I know how to properly install triggers. After installing the trigger into a Noveske Gen3 lower, I put on the Mega MML upper and went to function check it. With the rifle point up and pulling the trigger, sounded good. Then I cycled the bolt and pointed the barrel down at the floor and pulled the trigger. At that point it felt and sounded like the hammer hit the lower. Did it one more time and same thing. So not wanting to damage anything, I removed the upper and inspected. I think that the way the timney trigger hammer is designed it is allowing the hammer to contact the lower before hitting the floating firing pin the the fully forward position. You can see the impact mark on the trigger. (I confirm the mark lines up, but I notice the viewpoint might look differently). There is also visible impact marks on the lower.

22B310E2-722E-4FFA-A74B-B79CE436B760.jpeg

then I grabbed my other Noveske Gen3 lower with a Geissele SSA-E and took a comparison photo of the hammer design.

9BAFBD3E-AF40-4C1D-9573-0A29F1DF5B42.jpeg
    3DDB0D24-5C2A-418A-81FD-13C5B06B58A4.jpeg

Just wondering if anyone has seen this before as I searched online and couldn’t find anything. I took it off and dropping it off to my buddy’s shop where I bought it and getting another SSA-E.

Wanted to see if anyone else had this issue with their Timney Daniel Horner trigger. I just bought the trigger today, got home and installed it. I have built many ar15s, most being very high quality builds. So I know how to properly install triggers. After installing the trigger into a Noveske Gen3 lower, I put on the Mega MML upper and went to function check it. With the rifle point up and pulling the trigger, sounded good. Then I cycled the bolt and pointed the barrel down at the floor and pulled the trigger. At that point it felt and sounded like the hammer hit the lower. Did it one more time and same thing. So not wanting to damage anything, I removed the upper and inspected. I think that the way the timney trigger hammer is designed it is allowing the hammer to contact the lower before hitting the floating firing pin the the fully forward position. You can see the impact mark on the trigger. (I confirm the mark lines up, but I notice the viewpoint might look differently). There is also visible impact marks on the lower.

View attachment 7708342

then I grabbed my other Noveske Gen3 lower with a Geissele SSA-E and took a comparison photo of the hammer design.

View attachment 7708343View attachment 7708344

Just wondering if anyone has seen this before as I searched online and couldn’t find anything. I took it off and dropping it off to my buddy’s shop where I bought it and getting another SSA-E.
    Did you ever get this resolved? I’m having the same issue with the same trigger