• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Timney Hit Trigger

Personally, not impressed with the one I had my hands on. Main thing for me, aside from an MSRP eqalling a TT Diamond, was the need to remove a barreled action from a stock/chassis to adjust the weight.

Also, it just didn’t break as clean for me, but that might be a “new” trigger. Your experience may vary. Neither one of the previous CE’s I had broke the same.

What's the practical difference between this and the CE, does anyone know?

What's the practical difference between this and the CE, does anyone know?
Only one I can find is that the Calvin Elite has an adjustment for sear engagement while the HIT makes no mention of having that type of adjustment capability.

Beyond that they appear functionally identical. It has "updated geometry", but the adjustment range is the same and from what I've seen it doesn't seem like the trigger has substantially less creep or overtravel than a Calvin Elite.

Only one I can find is that the Calvin Elite has an adjustment for sear engagement while the HIT makes no mention of having that type of adjustment capability.

Beyond that they appear functionally identical. It has "updated geometry", but the adjustment range is the same and from what I've seen it doesn't seem like the trigger has substantially less creep or overtravel than a Calvin Elite.
Huh. Okay. At this point (based on the content of this thread, anyhow) it kinda seems like the answer to a question that no one asked... an unnecessary redundancy in products. That said, General Motors sells both GMC and Chevrolet trucks...

Reactions: lash and spife7980
The Hit works better on actions like Defiance, Curtis, and others. The trigger does feel similar to a TriggerTech and break clean to me. I replaced all my CE triggers with the Hit and set them at 8-10oz.
Is there a specific reason that it’s better suited to the actions listed above?

Reactions: Predatorhunter07
Is there a specific reason that it’s better suited to the actions listed above?
No specific reason that I am aware of. I just know the CE version would have take up on custom actions. Timney offers a different hammer that users can replace to get rid of the take up. However, the Hit requires no modification and breaks cleaner than the CE version on custom actions.

The HIT is their refined CE. I believe it is replacing the CE and temporarily both are offered.

The HIT and M510-V2 are their newest updated triggers that tweaked some springs and geometry so that the sear bar would clear all the custom action cocking pieces without the dragging that had been reported in some instances.

If you are looking for a really nice trigger to work in the 1.5 to 3.5 pound range, the 510-V2 is excellent. If you want lighter, then the HIT is a refined CE that will go into the ounces and not have some of the issues the CE had in certain actions.

./

The HIT is their refined CE. I believe it is replacing the CE and temporarily both are offered.

The HIT and M510-V2 are their newest updated triggers that tweaked some springs and geometry so that the sear bar would clear all the custom action cocking pieces without the dragging that had been reported in some instances.

If you are looking for a really nice trigger to work in the 1.5 to 3.5 pound range, the 510-V2 is excellent. If you want lighter, then the HIT is a refined CE that will go into the ounces and not have some of the issues the CE had in certain actions.

./
Ah, there we go. That makes sense. I am fortunate enough that my CE plays nice with the action in which it is installed (after I sent the action and trigger to the action manufacturer to work out a separate issue), but, sample size of one.

I appreciate the info.

Reactions: Terry Cross