• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Timney Tikka Trigger weights?

Jefe's Dope

Red Forman
Minuteman
  • Dec 20, 2017
    Looking at possibly picking up a Timely 2 stage trigger for my Tikka. I'm trying to clarify pull weights before I pull the trigger on this purchase. 🥸

Is it one product using different part numbers to delineate preset trigger pulls from the factory which can then be adjusted to your liking or are the heavier pulls limited to how light they can be set?

Also, Timney's website states the 1st stage is factory set at 8lbs and is not adjustable and the second stage is adjustable from 8oz to 3lbs. Some resellers state the 1st stage is adjustable from 8oz to 1lb. and the 2nd stage is adjustable from 1lb. to 3.5 lbs.

Just want to set to 8oz/8oz or there abouts.

*I'm currently running the factory 2 stage trigger and I don't hate it but wouldn't mind more adjustability. I'm at the ragged edge on the Tikka trigger in regards to adjustment. It's a want not a need.

Reseller I'm currently considering:

You are looking at a NEW Timney Trigger for the Tikka T3.

The newest addition to the Customer Choice series of Timney Triggers is finally here. The Timney replacement trigger for the Tikka T3 rifle is the latest in the Timney two-stage series featuring a pull weight that is factory calibrated for an 8-ounce to 1 -pound first stage and a 1-pound to 2.5-pound second stage. The Timney Tikka T3 Trigger is fully adjustable for Sear Engagement (Creep), over travel (Follow through) and both pull weight stages.

Timney's website (you can use a drop down menu to choose a 2nd stage weight):

From the factory, the first stage is set at 8 oz. (nonadjustable), while the second is customizable from 8oz – 3lbs allowing for a total pull weight between 1lb – 3.5lbs

Also, I've contacted Timney but they close at 3pm and I'm impatient.;)

Last edited:
    Reactions: 338dude
    There is some contradiction on Timney's site. In the options boxes it should say total not 2nd stage, the 1 Lb option there is 8 Oz+8 Oz.

This is also on the tech tips tab:
    From the factory the first stage is set at 8 oz. the second stage is set at 1 lbs. The first stage can be adjusted up to 1lbs. and the second can be adjusted up to 2.5 lbs. Total pull weight is measured by adding the first and second stages together. From the factory the first stage is at 8 oz. the second is set at 1lbs. for a total of 1.5lbs. of pull weight.

Reactions: Jefe's Dope
    Order directly. Was told you can order what weight you want it by Timney.

The $10 trigger spring from Mountain Tactical will make the trigger scary light to 2lbs no problem. I would just use that and save some money.

The $10 trigger spring from Mountain Tactical will make the trigger scary light to 2lbs no problem. I would just use that and save some money.
    I have it down to about 1 lb. total pull weight using the factory spring. Looking to get a better 'feel' and control over travel, etc.

From Timney today. And for future searches:

Happy to clear the confusion for you sir.
    Regardless of where you purchase our replacement Tikka #430, it is adjustable on that second stage from 1 lb to 3 lbs. The lowest total pull weight you will be able to achieve will be 1.5lbs. The first stage will be set at 8 oz and not adjustable.

Thank you for choosing Timney, we are honored to have you in the Timney Tribe!
    Megan Downey
    Customer Service
    (623)223-1111 ext. 101